SALT LAKE CITY — Zions Bank’s Women’s Financial Group is now accepting applications for its 2012 Smart Women Grants.
The program is open to anyone whose proposal promotes the empowerment of women or directly benefits women or low-income and underserved populations in Utah and Idaho.
The program awards six $3,000 micro-grants in several categories, including small business start-up and expansion, community development, continuing education and teacher support, child and/or elder care, health and human services as well as arts and culture.
Applications must be received or postmarked by June 29. Priority consideration will be given to proposals that promote the empowerment of women, emphasize collaboration between women entrepreneurs or non-profit entities supporting women, and directly benefit women or underserved populations. Grant recipients will be announced in September.
Over the past seven years, Zions Bank has awarded more than $145,000 though the Smart Women Grants.
“We developed the Smart Women Grants to help bolster the efforts of everyday heroes who strengthen our communities in so many ways through their various talents,” said Diana George, vice president and manager of Zions Bank’s Women’s Financial Group.
For more information, visit www.zionsbank.com/smartwomen or call 1-800-737-6585.
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Young entrepreneurs strut their stuff in bid...
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Park City approves lift connecting 2 ski resorts
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- Colorado drilling plan has safeguards for...
- Bill before Utah governor to regulate...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt... 3
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US... 2
- Astronauts board space station for... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2