SALT LAKE CITY — Zions Bank’s Women’s Financial Group is now accepting applications for its 2012 Smart Women Grants.
The program is open to anyone whose proposal promotes the empowerment of women or directly benefits women or low-income and underserved populations in Utah and Idaho.
The program awards six $3,000 micro-grants in several categories, including small business start-up and expansion, community development, continuing education and teacher support, child and/or elder care, health and human services as well as arts and culture.
Applications must be received or postmarked by June 29. Priority consideration will be given to proposals that promote the empowerment of women, emphasize collaboration between women entrepreneurs or non-profit entities supporting women, and directly benefit women or underserved populations. Grant recipients will be announced in September.
Over the past seven years, Zions Bank has awarded more than $145,000 though the Smart Women Grants.
“We developed the Smart Women Grants to help bolster the efforts of everyday heroes who strengthen our communities in so many ways through their various talents,” said Diana George, vice president and manager of Zions Bank’s Women’s Financial Group.
For more information, visit www.zionsbank.com/smartwomen or call 1-800-737-6585.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- These two things are helping California's...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Salt Lake City opens door for rideshare services
- 3 Reasons holiday shoppers will spend cautiously
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- 3 Reasons holiday shoppers will spend... 1
- Millions expected to shop on Thanksgiving 1