SALT LAKE CITY — Zions Bank’s Women’s Financial Group is now accepting applications for its 2012 Smart Women Grants.
The program is open to anyone whose proposal promotes the empowerment of women or directly benefits women or low-income and underserved populations in Utah and Idaho.
The program awards six $3,000 micro-grants in several categories, including small business start-up and expansion, community development, continuing education and teacher support, child and/or elder care, health and human services as well as arts and culture.
Applications must be received or postmarked by June 29. Priority consideration will be given to proposals that promote the empowerment of women, emphasize collaboration between women entrepreneurs or non-profit entities supporting women, and directly benefit women or underserved populations. Grant recipients will be announced in September.
Over the past seven years, Zions Bank has awarded more than $145,000 though the Smart Women Grants.
“We developed the Smart Women Grants to help bolster the efforts of everyday heroes who strengthen our communities in so many ways through their various talents,” said Diana George, vice president and manager of Zions Bank’s Women’s Financial Group.
For more information, visit www.zionsbank.com/smartwomen or call 1-800-737-6585.
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Pets and...
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2