SALT LAKE CITY — Two Granite School District staff members received employee of the year awards from the Utah State Education Association.
Tracy Atkin received the award for secretarial services, and Mike Memmott was honored for maintenance services.
"I was awestruck, I just kept thinking, 'not me, out of all 41 districts, how can that be?'" Atkin said in a prepared statement. "Then I got excited."
Atkin, who is a secretary in the planning and boundaries department, is also president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association.
Memmott, a district carpenter and vice president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association, is personally invested in providing a learning environment in the schools, according to a school district press release.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 58
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16