SALT LAKE CITY — Two Granite School District staff members received employee of the year awards from the Utah State Education Association.
Tracy Atkin received the award for secretarial services, and Mike Memmott was honored for maintenance services.
"I was awestruck, I just kept thinking, 'not me, out of all 41 districts, how can that be?'" Atkin said in a prepared statement. "Then I got excited."
Atkin, who is a secretary in the planning and boundaries department, is also president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association.
Memmott, a district carpenter and vice president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association, is personally invested in providing a learning environment in the schools, according to a school district press release.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15