SALT LAKE CITY — Two Granite School District staff members received employee of the year awards from the Utah State Education Association.
Tracy Atkin received the award for secretarial services, and Mike Memmott was honored for maintenance services.
"I was awestruck, I just kept thinking, 'not me, out of all 41 districts, how can that be?'" Atkin said in a prepared statement. "Then I got excited."
Atkin, who is a secretary in the planning and boundaries department, is also president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association.
Memmott, a district carpenter and vice president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association, is personally invested in providing a learning environment in the schools, according to a school district press release.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Photos: Students get a jump on the Memorial...
- West Valley man faces 31 charges in alleged...
- Teacher on leave after telling students to...
- Vehicle hits, kills man assessing his crashed...
- UTA hikes fees for public records
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 107
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 19
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9