SALT LAKE CITY — Two Granite School District staff members received employee of the year awards from the Utah State Education Association.
Tracy Atkin received the award for secretarial services, and Mike Memmott was honored for maintenance services.
"I was awestruck, I just kept thinking, 'not me, out of all 41 districts, how can that be?'" Atkin said in a prepared statement. "Then I got excited."
Atkin, who is a secretary in the planning and boundaries department, is also president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association.
Memmott, a district carpenter and vice president of Granite Education Support Professionals Association, is personally invested in providing a learning environment in the schools, according to a school district press release.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9