SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Sandra N. Peuler and the pending retirement of Judge Tyrone E. Medley effective June 30. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for both vacancies are: James T. Blanch, a shareholder at Parsons Behle & Latimer; Michelle R. Blomquist, a domestic relations commissioner in 3rd District Court; Su J. Chon, an attorney at the Office of the Property Rights Ombudsman; Barry Lawrence, assistant attorney general at the Utah Attorney General’s Office; and Brendan P. McCullagh, a judge in West Valley City Justice Court.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on May 21.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary R. Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17