SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Sandra N. Peuler and the pending retirement of Judge Tyrone E. Medley effective June 30. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for both vacancies are: James T. Blanch, a shareholder at Parsons Behle & Latimer; Michelle R. Blomquist, a domestic relations commissioner in 3rd District Court; Su J. Chon, an attorney at the Office of the Property Rights Ombudsman; Barry Lawrence, assistant attorney general at the Utah Attorney General’s Office; and Brendan P. McCullagh, a judge in West Valley City Justice Court.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on May 21.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary R. Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11