SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Sandra N. Peuler and the pending retirement of Judge Tyrone E. Medley effective June 30. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for both vacancies are: James T. Blanch, a shareholder at Parsons Behle & Latimer; Michelle R. Blomquist, a domestic relations commissioner in 3rd District Court; Su J. Chon, an attorney at the Office of the Property Rights Ombudsman; Barry Lawrence, assistant attorney general at the Utah Attorney General’s Office; and Brendan P. McCullagh, a judge in West Valley City Justice Court.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on May 21.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary R. Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11