SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Sandra N. Peuler and the pending retirement of Judge Tyrone E. Medley effective June 30. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for both vacancies are: James T. Blanch, a shareholder at Parsons Behle & Latimer; Michelle R. Blomquist, a domestic relations commissioner in 3rd District Court; Su J. Chon, an attorney at the Office of the Property Rights Ombudsman; Barry Lawrence, assistant attorney general at the Utah Attorney General’s Office; and Brendan P. McCullagh, a judge in West Valley City Justice Court.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on May 21.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary R. Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18