SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for two vacancies on the district court.
The vacancies result from the retirement of Judge Sandra N. Peuler and the pending retirement of Judge Tyrone E. Medley effective June 30. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for both vacancies are: James T. Blanch, a shareholder at Parsons Behle & Latimer; Michelle R. Blomquist, a domestic relations commissioner in 3rd District Court; Su J. Chon, an attorney at the Office of the Property Rights Ombudsman; Barry Lawrence, assistant attorney general at the Utah Attorney General’s Office; and Brendan P. McCullagh, a judge in West Valley City Justice Court.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on May 21.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary R. Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23