SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake man was charged Friday with assaulting a woman and holding her daughter hostage.
Randall Hudson, 59, was staying with a woman and her daughter at 1228 S. Windsor St. (840 East). Hudson entered the woman's room early Thursday and began striking her head with a vodka bottle, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court. The woman was able to escape to a neighbor's house to call 911, and was later hospitalized.
Hudson then entered a bathroom where the woman's daughter was taking a shower, the charges state. He allegedly threatened her with a knife and refused to allow her to leave. According to prosecutors, Hudson said he planned to hold a knife to the daughter's neck and walk out of the house when police arrived so they would shoot him.
Salt Lake police and a SWAT team responded and, according to the charges, Hudson threatened to kill the daughter when police attempted to enter the bathroom. Police said they subdued Hudson with a stun gun and he was taken into custody.
Hudson was charged with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony, and two counts of aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8