SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake man was charged Friday with assaulting a woman and holding her daughter hostage.
Randall Hudson, 59, was staying with a woman and her daughter at 1228 S. Windsor St. (840 East). Hudson entered the woman's room early Thursday and began striking her head with a vodka bottle, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court. The woman was able to escape to a neighbor's house to call 911, and was later hospitalized.
Hudson then entered a bathroom where the woman's daughter was taking a shower, the charges state. He allegedly threatened her with a knife and refused to allow her to leave. According to prosecutors, Hudson said he planned to hold a knife to the daughter's neck and walk out of the house when police arrived so they would shoot him.
Salt Lake police and a SWAT team responded and, according to the charges, Hudson threatened to kill the daughter when police attempted to enter the bathroom. Police said they subdued Hudson with a stun gun and he was taken into custody.
Hudson was charged with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony, and two counts of aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9