Several ramps and interchanges in Salt Lake City area to close for concrete repair
Ravell Call, File, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Several key ramps and interchanges in the Salt Lake City area will be closed this weekend for routine maintenance.
UDOT crews will close sections of I-15, I-80 and I-215 overnight Saturday to Sunday. The closures start at midnight Saturday and last until 6 a.m. Sunday. Crews will be repairing concrete pavement.
“(We’re) extending the life of the pavement,” said UDOT Project Engineer Bryan Chamberlain. “We’re taking care of the small issues that we have now to hopefully prevent big, major repairs in the future.”
Eastbound I-80 will close at the I-215 west belt near downtown Salt Lake City. Several on- and off-ramps on I-15 in the downtown area will also be closed.
The following ramps and interchanges will be closed: 500 South to southbound I-15, 500 South to westbound I-80, northbound I-15 to 600 South, southbound I-15 to westbound I-80, eastbound I-80 to 600 South, eastbound I-80 to southbound I-15, eastbound I-80 to northbound I-15.
The 600 South and 500 South ramp closures probably affect the most people.
“We’ll be using all of our electronic message boards to alert motorists ahead of time, knowing what exits are open and where we would encourage them to go to get around our construction,” Chamberlain said.
Motorists should use 900 South or 600 North on- and off-ramps, state Route 201 and I-215 as alternate routes.
Crews have already completed the inside southbound lanes on I-15 all the way from 600 North down to 10600 South.
They plan to wrap up all of the repairs by mid-August.
— Jed Boal
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that sparked...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- Man killed in hostage standoff with West...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump over...
- Don't underestimate the glitter and the pink:...
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 68
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 57
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Utahns join nationwide protests against... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13