Several ramps and interchanges in Salt Lake City area to close for concrete repair
Ravell Call, File, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Several key ramps and interchanges in the Salt Lake City area will be closed this weekend for routine maintenance.
UDOT crews will close sections of I-15, I-80 and I-215 overnight Saturday to Sunday. The closures start at midnight Saturday and last until 6 a.m. Sunday. Crews will be repairing concrete pavement.
“(We’re) extending the life of the pavement,” said UDOT Project Engineer Bryan Chamberlain. “We’re taking care of the small issues that we have now to hopefully prevent big, major repairs in the future.”
Eastbound I-80 will close at the I-215 west belt near downtown Salt Lake City. Several on- and off-ramps on I-15 in the downtown area will also be closed.
The following ramps and interchanges will be closed: 500 South to southbound I-15, 500 South to westbound I-80, northbound I-15 to 600 South, southbound I-15 to westbound I-80, eastbound I-80 to 600 South, eastbound I-80 to southbound I-15, eastbound I-80 to northbound I-15.
The 600 South and 500 South ramp closures probably affect the most people.
“We’ll be using all of our electronic message boards to alert motorists ahead of time, knowing what exits are open and where we would encourage them to go to get around our construction,” Chamberlain said.
Motorists should use 900 South or 600 North on- and off-ramps, state Route 201 and I-215 as alternate routes.
Crews have already completed the inside southbound lanes on I-15 all the way from 600 North down to 10600 South.
They plan to wrap up all of the repairs by mid-August.
— Jed Boal
- ‘Stay strong,’ says 15-year-old...
- Man dies after running into bonfire at...
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Utah Catholic schools buck national trends,...
- Utah, national school superintendents...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- Salt Lake man stands trial in wife's cliff...
- Tremonton man charged in bomb case had...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 69
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 45
- Court lifts stay, but gives Utah chance... 42
- Mia Love labeled 'surefire winner' by... 39
- Utah, national school superintendents... 36
- Daylight saving time: Should it stay or... 35
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 34
- West Jordan City Council passes on... 19