HERRIMAN — In a few weeks, a stretch of the Mountain View Corridor will be open to drivers, which will help ease traffic congestion.
On June 2, UDOT will open a two-mile section of the Mountain View Corridor in Herriman and Riverton, from 12600 South to Rosecrest Drive (14400 South.)
The corridor is similar to a divided highway with one-way northbound and southbound roads.
UDOT released a video showing drivers how to get around using the new paved roads.
A ribbon cutting will be held followed by a Fun Run. Activities will be at Foothills Park, 14090 S. 4830 West in Riverton, beginning at 10 a.m.
Along with the opening is a closure. On June 4, 4800 West will permanently close from Juniper Crest Road to Cedar Point Peak Drive.
Matt Thompson’s backyard runs along that street and he said he will be glad to see less traffic because he was tired of hearing drivers speeding in the area at 2 a.m. Opening up a bigger road away from his home will make living in his neighborhood quieter and safer, he said.
“I think a lot of people are looking forward to having the extra access to be able to get around at a little higher speed instead of having to cut through neighborhoods,” he said.
The new Mountain View Corridor will connect to those roads. Drivers south of 13400 South can connect to the northbound section of the Mountain View Corridor via Rosecrest Drive.
The remainder of the project is anticipated to open by the end of the year.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Provo’s Bikes and Trikes Festival is...
- Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off...
- Don't know what's causing your infection? Ask...
- U. study shows how huge landslide shaped Zion...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 22
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 15
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8