HERRIMAN — In a few weeks, a stretch of the Mountain View Corridor will be open to drivers, which will help ease traffic congestion.
On June 2, UDOT will open a two-mile section of the Mountain View Corridor in Herriman and Riverton, from 12600 South to Rosecrest Drive (14400 South.)
The corridor is similar to a divided highway with one-way northbound and southbound roads.
UDOT released a video showing drivers how to get around using the new paved roads.
A ribbon cutting will be held followed by a Fun Run. Activities will be at Foothills Park, 14090 S. 4830 West in Riverton, beginning at 10 a.m.
Along with the opening is a closure. On June 4, 4800 West will permanently close from Juniper Crest Road to Cedar Point Peak Drive.
Matt Thompson’s backyard runs along that street and he said he will be glad to see less traffic because he was tired of hearing drivers speeding in the area at 2 a.m. Opening up a bigger road away from his home will make living in his neighborhood quieter and safer, he said.
“I think a lot of people are looking forward to having the extra access to be able to get around at a little higher speed instead of having to cut through neighborhoods,” he said.
The new Mountain View Corridor will connect to those roads. Drivers south of 13400 South can connect to the northbound section of the Mountain View Corridor via Rosecrest Drive.
The remainder of the project is anticipated to open by the end of the year.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 59
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 13
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9