Financial guru Dave Ramsey says debt is the reason for low financial literacy
Josh Anderson, Associated Press
When GoBankingRates.com asked financial guru Dave Ramsey what contributes to today’s lack of financial literacy, the money mentor simply said, “Debt.”
“It’s become normal,” Ramsey told GoBankingRates.com “It is sold so aggressively that many have come believe it’s a financial tool. It’s not. Debt is dumb. It magnifies your risk in any situation. It prevents you from building wealth.”
To Ramsey, financial literacy means more than simply learning how to deal with money.
“I say finance is 80 percent behavior and only 20 percent head knowledge,” Ramsey told GoBankingRates.com. “You’ve got to make the shift in attitude. You’ve got to get sick and tired of being broke in order to make the necessary behavior changes to win with money.”
He also told the finance site that the recession was “a wake up call for most people” and financial literacy is the “same common sense our grandparents practiced.”
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 2