Mormon mega-recruit Jabari Parker chronicled in Time Magazine video
Jabari Parker is regarded as the top high school basketball player in the country. He is being recruited by dozens of schools, including BYU, and he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Parker's story is chronicled by Time Magazine in a new online video. According to his coaches and others, Parker, who is a junior, is destined to be an NBA star. NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, who attended the same high school in Chicago as Parker, says Parker is far more advanced than he was at that age.
This is the latest round of national attention Parker is drawing for his abilities both on and off the court.
"If Jabari Parker were just an unfailingly polite and devout honor student from Chicago’s South Side, he’d still be one of the most remarkable 17-year-olds you’ve ever met," according to Time. "But Parker is also the nation’s top high school basketball player and his unique mix of athletic talent and Pollyanna charm has him poised to become basketball’s next big thing."
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 29
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 27
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24