Mormon mega-recruit Jabari Parker chronicled in Time Magazine video
Jabari Parker is regarded as the top high school basketball player in the country. He is being recruited by dozens of schools, including BYU, and he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Parker's story is chronicled by Time Magazine in a new online video. According to his coaches and others, Parker, who is a junior, is destined to be an NBA star. NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, who attended the same high school in Chicago as Parker, says Parker is far more advanced than he was at that age.
This is the latest round of national attention Parker is drawing for his abilities both on and off the court.
"If Jabari Parker were just an unfailingly polite and devout honor student from Chicago’s South Side, he’d still be one of the most remarkable 17-year-olds you’ve ever met," according to Time. "But Parker is also the nation’s top high school basketball player and his unique mix of athletic talent and Pollyanna charm has him poised to become basketball’s next big thing."
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 49
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29