Mormon mega-recruit Jabari Parker chronicled in Time Magazine video
Jabari Parker is regarded as the top high school basketball player in the country. He is being recruited by dozens of schools, including BYU, and he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Parker's story is chronicled by Time Magazine in a new online video. According to his coaches and others, Parker, who is a junior, is destined to be an NBA star. NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, who attended the same high school in Chicago as Parker, says Parker is far more advanced than he was at that age.
This is the latest round of national attention Parker is drawing for his abilities both on and off the court.
"If Jabari Parker were just an unfailingly polite and devout honor student from Chicago’s South Side, he’d still be one of the most remarkable 17-year-olds you’ve ever met," according to Time. "But Parker is also the nation’s top high school basketball player and his unique mix of athletic talent and Pollyanna charm has him poised to become basketball’s next big thing."
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45