Mormon mega-recruit Jabari Parker chronicled in Time Magazine video
Jabari Parker is regarded as the top high school basketball player in the country. He is being recruited by dozens of schools, including BYU, and he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Parker's story is chronicled by Time Magazine in a new online video. According to his coaches and others, Parker, who is a junior, is destined to be an NBA star. NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, who attended the same high school in Chicago as Parker, says Parker is far more advanced than he was at that age.
This is the latest round of national attention Parker is drawing for his abilities both on and off the court.
"If Jabari Parker were just an unfailingly polite and devout honor student from Chicago’s South Side, he’d still be one of the most remarkable 17-year-olds you’ve ever met," according to Time. "But Parker is also the nation’s top high school basketball player and his unique mix of athletic talent and Pollyanna charm has him poised to become basketball’s next big thing."
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27