2nd District candidate Chris Stewart endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee
SALT LAKE CITY — Chris Stewart, the Republican's 2nd Congressional District candidate, has been endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Lee, a member of the Senate tea party caucus who has endorsed candidates around the country, called Stewart "the kind of principled leader we need in the House of Representatives at this critical point in our nation's history."
The first-term senator cited Stewart's commitment to a constitutionally limited government, saying he can be counted on to fight for a balanced budget amendment, tax and entitlement reforms, and a strong national defense.
Stewart was nominated as the party's candidate at last month's GOP state convention. The 2nd District seat is currently held by the state's lone Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, but Matheson is running for re-election in the state's new 4th District.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 25
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22