2nd District candidate Chris Stewart endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee
SALT LAKE CITY — Chris Stewart, the Republican's 2nd Congressional District candidate, has been endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Lee, a member of the Senate tea party caucus who has endorsed candidates around the country, called Stewart "the kind of principled leader we need in the House of Representatives at this critical point in our nation's history."
The first-term senator cited Stewart's commitment to a constitutionally limited government, saying he can be counted on to fight for a balanced budget amendment, tax and entitlement reforms, and a strong national defense.
Stewart was nominated as the party's candidate at last month's GOP state convention. The 2nd District seat is currently held by the state's lone Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, but Matheson is running for re-election in the state's new 4th District.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15