2nd District candidate Chris Stewart endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee
SALT LAKE CITY — Chris Stewart, the Republican's 2nd Congressional District candidate, has been endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Lee, a member of the Senate tea party caucus who has endorsed candidates around the country, called Stewart "the kind of principled leader we need in the House of Representatives at this critical point in our nation's history."
The first-term senator cited Stewart's commitment to a constitutionally limited government, saying he can be counted on to fight for a balanced budget amendment, tax and entitlement reforms, and a strong national defense.
Stewart was nominated as the party's candidate at last month's GOP state convention. The 2nd District seat is currently held by the state's lone Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, but Matheson is running for re-election in the state's new 4th District.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9