2nd District candidate Chris Stewart endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee
SALT LAKE CITY — Chris Stewart, the Republican's 2nd Congressional District candidate, has been endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Lee, a member of the Senate tea party caucus who has endorsed candidates around the country, called Stewart "the kind of principled leader we need in the House of Representatives at this critical point in our nation's history."
The first-term senator cited Stewart's commitment to a constitutionally limited government, saying he can be counted on to fight for a balanced budget amendment, tax and entitlement reforms, and a strong national defense.
Stewart was nominated as the party's candidate at last month's GOP state convention. The 2nd District seat is currently held by the state's lone Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, but Matheson is running for re-election in the state's new 4th District.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11