2nd District candidate Chris Stewart endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee
SALT LAKE CITY — Chris Stewart, the Republican's 2nd Congressional District candidate, has been endorsed by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Lee, a member of the Senate tea party caucus who has endorsed candidates around the country, called Stewart "the kind of principled leader we need in the House of Representatives at this critical point in our nation's history."
The first-term senator cited Stewart's commitment to a constitutionally limited government, saying he can be counted on to fight for a balanced budget amendment, tax and entitlement reforms, and a strong national defense.
Stewart was nominated as the party's candidate at last month's GOP state convention. The 2nd District seat is currently held by the state's lone Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, but Matheson is running for re-election in the state's new 4th District.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Body found near Jordan River trail in Salt...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 51
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Families protest at final prison... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 14