Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" had to climb down the rabbit hole, but art lovers in Utah County won’t have to go so far to find wonderland this spring.
The Springville Museum of Art is hosting its 46th Annual Art Ball titled “Through the Looking Glass” on Saturday from 6:30-10:30 p.m.
“We came up with this theme because of the idea that when you enter the museum it’s kind of like a wonderland,” said Shari Woodward, co-chair of the Art Ball. “It’s not the same as the outside world.”
The museum will be decorated to create a "Wonderland" atmosphere for those who attend. The atrium will be adorned in the theme of the Cheshire cat. Another room will be decked out as the Mad Hatter’s tea party, and there guests will be able to decorate teacups donated by IKEA. Dressed-up "Wonderland" characters will be wandering the halls throughout the night.
The event will include a dinner catered by Magleby’s, big band dancing, a silent auction and, of course, art.
Entertainment for the night will be provided by the soft rock band Route 89, big band group Blue Sky Jazz, vocal jazz group 6 Miles Ahead and concert pianist Hunter Gifford.
The silent auction will include small pieces from notable Utah artists such as Julie Price and Michael Pullman. Other items up for auction are overnight hotel stays, spa packages, basketballs signed by members of the Utah Jazz and more.
“It’s a beautiful evening to enjoy fine art, wonderful music and excellent food,” Woodward said. “It’s just a really nice way to spend a spring evening.”
The Springville Museum of Art is the oldest art museum in Utah. It is free to the public and provides art programs for schools throughout the state.
For more information visit smofa.org.
What: Springville Museum of Art 46th Annual Art Ball
Where: 126 E. 400 South Springville
When: May 12, 6:30-10:30 p.m.
How Much: $35 pre-purchase, $45 day of event, $5 discount for SMA members, Spring Salon artists and Springville High School students
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- When it comes to TV's future, Millennials...
- Miss America: More to worry about than red cup
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite abuse charge
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- NFL to look into its handling of Rice case 8
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 4
- Former NFL QB Scott Mitchell goes on... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 1
- When it comes to TV's future,... 1