RICHFIELD — A man accused of stealing a minivan and leading authorities on a chase was hospitalized Wednesday after he lost control of the vehicle.
Richfield police said the minivan was stolen from Koosharem, Sevier County. They attempted to stop the vehicle near 800 S. Main in Richfield, but the driver, an unnamed juvenile male, did not stop, police said. The driver allegedly attempted to evade police, continuing south toward Elsinore and entering the I-70, traveling west at "a high rate of speed."
The Utah Highway Patrol attempted to spike the vehicle's tires three times. The driver attempted to swerve during the third attempt, just prior to mile post 1 on I-70, and lost control of the vehicle, which rolled several times.
The driver was hospitalized in Beaver, Richfield police reported.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 12