RICHFIELD — A man accused of stealing a minivan and leading authorities on a chase was hospitalized Wednesday after he lost control of the vehicle.
Richfield police said the minivan was stolen from Koosharem, Sevier County. They attempted to stop the vehicle near 800 S. Main in Richfield, but the driver, an unnamed juvenile male, did not stop, police said. The driver allegedly attempted to evade police, continuing south toward Elsinore and entering the I-70, traveling west at "a high rate of speed."
The Utah Highway Patrol attempted to spike the vehicle's tires three times. The driver attempted to swerve during the third attempt, just prior to mile post 1 on I-70, and lost control of the vehicle, which rolled several times.
The driver was hospitalized in Beaver, Richfield police reported.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18