RICHFIELD — A man accused of stealing a minivan and leading authorities on a chase was hospitalized Wednesday after he lost control of the vehicle.
Richfield police said the minivan was stolen from Koosharem, Sevier County. They attempted to stop the vehicle near 800 S. Main in Richfield, but the driver, an unnamed juvenile male, did not stop, police said. The driver allegedly attempted to evade police, continuing south toward Elsinore and entering the I-70, traveling west at "a high rate of speed."
The Utah Highway Patrol attempted to spike the vehicle's tires three times. The driver attempted to swerve during the third attempt, just prior to mile post 1 on I-70, and lost control of the vehicle, which rolled several times.
The driver was hospitalized in Beaver, Richfield police reported.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 32
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 25
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7