Mother’s song: “It started with rock-a-byes, comforting when it cried, all in her own style.” So begins this beautiful tribute song from LDS recording artist Calee Reed. I love how she cleverly and lovingly incorporates so many different Primary song lyrics throughout the song. Reed recently lost her mother to cancer, wrote this tribute and is donating 100 percent of the proceeds of the single to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Wow! They are hoping to get 100,000 views of the music video by Monday, so pass along this incredible “Mother’s Day Tribute – She Put the Music in Me.”
Groundbreaking archeology: Saturday morning marks the official groundbreaking for the Provo City Center Temple. To whet your appetite, here is a fascinating video about the “Provo Tabernacle Site Excavated by BYU Archeology Students.” These students have learned so much about the pioneer history, explains Richard Talbot from the BYU Office of Archeology, “it’s hard to excavate a building where so much emotion has been and the emotional connection with the temple makes it all the more sacred.”
Mother’s Day: “Mother’s Day is just around the corner. This is a time of year when many hearts swell with love and gratitude, while other eyes swell with tears. Most messages this weekend will be wonderful tributes that recognize, thank and celebrate those who are blessed to be called mother. However, this blogpost is not one of those messages. I trust that those messages will be available to you elsewhere. This post is for those who hurt on Mother’s Day.” So begins a beautiful and important message from the BYU Women’s Services & Resources Blog. Please read and pass to anyone you think needs it.
Mother’s video: What’s the “most important things a father can do for his daughter”? Elaine S. Dalton explains and this video illustrates, “It is to Love Her Mother.” Enjoy this new Mormon Messages video that includes testimony from young women from all over the world about their fathers and their mothers. Share with the ones you love this Mother’s Day.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- 'The Voice' fans angry about replacement of...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 49
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 35
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 27
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20