Mother’s song: “It started with rock-a-byes, comforting when it cried, all in her own style.” So begins this beautiful tribute song from LDS recording artist Calee Reed. I love how she cleverly and lovingly incorporates so many different Primary song lyrics throughout the song. Reed recently lost her mother to cancer, wrote this tribute and is donating 100 percent of the proceeds of the single to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Wow! They are hoping to get 100,000 views of the music video by Monday, so pass along this incredible “Mother’s Day Tribute – She Put the Music in Me.”
Groundbreaking archeology: Saturday morning marks the official groundbreaking for the Provo City Center Temple. To whet your appetite, here is a fascinating video about the “Provo Tabernacle Site Excavated by BYU Archeology Students.” These students have learned so much about the pioneer history, explains Richard Talbot from the BYU Office of Archeology, “it’s hard to excavate a building where so much emotion has been and the emotional connection with the temple makes it all the more sacred.”
Mother’s Day: “Mother’s Day is just around the corner. This is a time of year when many hearts swell with love and gratitude, while other eyes swell with tears. Most messages this weekend will be wonderful tributes that recognize, thank and celebrate those who are blessed to be called mother. However, this blogpost is not one of those messages. I trust that those messages will be available to you elsewhere. This post is for those who hurt on Mother’s Day.” So begins a beautiful and important message from the BYU Women’s Services & Resources Blog. Please read and pass to anyone you think needs it.
Mother’s video: What’s the “most important things a father can do for his daughter”? Elaine S. Dalton explains and this video illustrates, “It is to Love Her Mother.” Enjoy this new Mormon Messages video that includes testimony from young women from all over the world about their fathers and their mothers. Share with the ones you love this Mother’s Day.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4