Mother’s song: “It started with rock-a-byes, comforting when it cried, all in her own style.” So begins this beautiful tribute song from LDS recording artist Calee Reed. I love how she cleverly and lovingly incorporates so many different Primary song lyrics throughout the song. Reed recently lost her mother to cancer, wrote this tribute and is donating 100 percent of the proceeds of the single to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Wow! They are hoping to get 100,000 views of the music video by Monday, so pass along this incredible “Mother’s Day Tribute – She Put the Music in Me.”
Groundbreaking archeology: Saturday morning marks the official groundbreaking for the Provo City Center Temple. To whet your appetite, here is a fascinating video about the “Provo Tabernacle Site Excavated by BYU Archeology Students.” These students have learned so much about the pioneer history, explains Richard Talbot from the BYU Office of Archeology, “it’s hard to excavate a building where so much emotion has been and the emotional connection with the temple makes it all the more sacred.”
Mother’s Day: “Mother’s Day is just around the corner. This is a time of year when many hearts swell with love and gratitude, while other eyes swell with tears. Most messages this weekend will be wonderful tributes that recognize, thank and celebrate those who are blessed to be called mother. However, this blogpost is not one of those messages. I trust that those messages will be available to you elsewhere. This post is for those who hurt on Mother’s Day.” So begins a beautiful and important message from the BYU Women’s Services & Resources Blog. Please read and pass to anyone you think needs it.
Mother’s video: What’s the “most important things a father can do for his daughter”? Elaine S. Dalton explains and this video illustrates, “It is to Love Her Mother.” Enjoy this new Mormon Messages video that includes testimony from young women from all over the world about their fathers and their mothers. Share with the ones you love this Mother’s Day.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 46
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 26
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- Community of Christ recommends... 14