SALT LAKE CITY — A man accused of assaulting a woman and holding another woman hostage in a home is in custody after a SWAT team used a Taser to subdue him Thursday morning.
Randall Hudson, 59, was booked for investigation of aggravated assault and aggravated kidnapping.
Salt Lake Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson said officers responded to a call about domestic violence at 1228 S. Windsor (840 East) at 5 a.m. Police said a female in the home was a victim of assault, and she escaped and called 911 from a neighbor's home. The woman was hospitalized in stable condition.
Another woman was still in the home with a man, police said. She was considered a hostage, and the man allegedly threatened violence against her.
The SWAT team entered the home around 7:30 a.m. and used a stun gun on Hudson. He claimed to have a weapon in the house, and when he was taken into custody, police found he had a knife. The hostage was not injured.
Police said Hudson has no history of domestic abuse.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16