Today in the Bloggernacle: Videos from the life of Christ and the Kansas City Temple
Temple dedication: For all of us who missed the Kansas City Missouri Temple cultural celebration and dedication this past weekend, the LDS Public Affairs YouTube channels have provided beautiful video summaries of the two events. As one church member testifies, “It’s an amazing thing to have a temple in the Kansas City area that we can visit all the time.”
Jesus’s baptism: Have you seen the newest Mormon Messages Bible Video? It depicts one of the most important moments in the Savior’s ministry — when “Jesus is Baptized by John.” Wouldn’t this be a beautiful video to show at a baptism or to a prospective convert? Enjoy.
Casting call: Speaking of videos and New Testament times: Do you want to be in a new church movie? Do you fit any of the criteria listed in this casting call from the LDS Casting Office?
“Men, are you willing and able to grow a beard? Do you look like you could fit in the New Testament times? Are you interested in participating in the additional Church New Testament scenes that will be filmed this summer? Do you know others who have a Middle Eastern, Semitic or Mediterranean look and would also like to participate? If you are interested, please begin growing your beards now. As your beard grows longer, please update your online photos. For all interested please go to casting.lds.org and fill out your profile to be entered into our talent database. Make sure you click on the New Testament project and indicate you are interested in participating in this production.”
Click in for more information!
Tech savvy: Finally, I loved the advice given by Richard and Linda Eyre and Ken and Katie Craig in this new episode of “Tech Savvy” on the important issue of “Parenting in the Tech Age.” Richard Eyre recommends parents have their children practice speaking extemporaneously without the aid of mobile devices. Also, parents need to be aware technology has changed the way we communicate and they need to be willing to explore technology as well as set boundaries when needed.
Check out the entire episode.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Hundreds of volunteers tackle service...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Tips for getting — and keeping —...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 65
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 26
- Community of Christ recommends... 16
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- LDS Church is smart to reach out to... 13
- Picturing history: Naples-Russell Mound... 10