Michelle King: Motherhood, single moms and a talented musician on 'Mormon Times TV'
When my husband and I were newly married, I taught a class of 16- to 18-year-old Laurel young women in my ward that stole my heart from the get-go. They became some of my dearest friends while we were together. We laughed at the crazy moments, cried over their disappointments and trials, and celebrated their achievements — together. When they were ready to graduate, they gave me a framed group picture of themselves — all dressed up — and it’s something I’ve cherished for over 20 years. The best part is those bonds and relationships continue to this day.
This Sunday on our special Mothers’ Day edition of "Mormon Times TV," you’ll see how the image of motherhood takes many forms. We’ll introduce you to a woman whose loving influence deeply affected a similar group of young women, now young mothers themselves.
Some moms have to assume the role of both parents. We’ll visit with a mother who bears the burden alone yet knows God helps her make it through every day, despite the challenges.
For those of us who are grandparents — we can have an influence, too! Grandparenting expert Lauralee Christensen will show us some great ways that grandma and grandpa can help build faith and strengthen young testimonies.
You’ll also hear an amazing new recording artist whose talent really blossomed on Broadway. Sandra Turley traded her role as Cosette in “Les Miserables” for a role as full-time mom with some interesting new possibilities. We’ll also have some copies of her new CD, "On Broadway," to give away.
And children often say it best. This Sunday, you’ll hear what some Primary children think of mothers on their special day.
"The Mormon Times" television show airs weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can watch past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
Michelle King is the host of Mormon Times TV that airs Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. on KSL. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- SUU coach Ed Lamb not a Mormon, but serves...
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use social...
- Mormons on social media react to Elder...
- Watch: Elder David A. Bednar speaks about the...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- Angel Moroni statues placed atop 2 LDS temples
- SUU coach Ed Lamb not a Mormon, but... 35
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Elder Bednar invites Mormons to use... 21
- Elder Russell M. Nelson speaks at BYU... 20
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland posts picture... 15
- Clashing visions threaten religious... 12
- New Harmony: Mustering a mustard seed... 10
- LDS Church announces feature-length... 7