1–2 tablespoons canola oil
1 16-ounce can pizza sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Hot, cooked pasta
1. Dip chicken into beaten egg; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll in bread crumbs.
2. In a skillet, heat oil on medium heat; brown chicken on each side for about 2 minutes.
3. Place chicken in slow-cooker. Pour pizza sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Cover and cook on low for 3–5 hours.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
Makes 6 servings.
Dinner Side: Parmesan Potatoes
2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Layer potatoes, onion, oregano, salt, pepper, and butter in slow-cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 3–5 hours.
3. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup boiling water
Vanilla ice cream
1. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over the bottom of greased slow-cooker.
2. In a small bowl, mix 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in slow-cooker.
3. Pour boiling water over batter. Do not stir.
4. Cover and cook on high for 2–3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Serve sauce and cake warm with vanilla ice cream.
Makes 8 servings
Tips for using a slow-cooker
How it works
• The slow cooker uses an indirect heat and doesn’t scorch! You don’t need to stir, unless the recipe specifically states to do so.
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies don’t have...
- Contractors' rendition of 'How Great Thou...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- The Clean Cut: Man brought to tears by...
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal that...
- Motherhood Matters: How my son's routine...
- 'Jam-packed with drama': Utah Opera set to...
- Steve Eaton: Counting calories requires a...
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Ann Romney writes about finding hope,... 6
- How 1 in 3 teens handle a breakup will... 6
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just... 5
- Contractors' rendition of 'How Great... 4
- UTubers: 'Studio C' dines at The... 2
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 2
- UTubers: 'Studio C' cast members play... 1