Judge: Jurors won't hear 'disturbing' descriptions of Steven Powell's obsession with Susan
Cox family still hasn't had time to mourn grandsons' deaths
While the family has mostly gotten over the shock of what happened to the young boys, other ongoing issues, including Steven Powell's trial, have prevented them from fully having time to recover.
Steven Powell's daughter, Alina Powell, was again present for Tuesday's proceedings. She sat in the back of the courtroom taking notes. Powell looked at his daughter and smiled to her a couple of times shortly after he was brought into the courtroom and as he was being led away.
But seeing Powell in the courtroom has been difficult for Denise Cox. "It just makes me want to go up to him and say, 'Where is (Susan)? You know, then I'll leave you alone,'" she said.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 20
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 16