Judge: Jurors won't hear 'disturbing' descriptions of Steven Powell's obsession with Susan
Cox family still hasn't had time to mourn grandsons' deaths
While the family has mostly gotten over the shock of what happened to the young boys, other ongoing issues, including Steven Powell's trial, have prevented them from fully having time to recover.
Steven Powell's daughter, Alina Powell, was again present for Tuesday's proceedings. She sat in the back of the courtroom taking notes. Powell looked at his daughter and smiled to her a couple of times shortly after he was brought into the courtroom and as he was being led away.
But seeing Powell in the courtroom has been difficult for Denise Cox. "It just makes me want to go up to him and say, 'Where is (Susan)? You know, then I'll leave you alone,'" she said.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Vegas’ water drying up
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- U. student government passes resolution... 21
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17