SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah is seeking nominations of veterans to be honored at its 15th annual Veterans Day commemoration on Nov. 9.
Honorees are selected after a thorough examination of their military service. The nominee must currently live in Utah and be able and willing to talk about his or her experiences in the armed forces. While all nominations will be considered, regardless of the time period and conditions under which the veteran served, special attention will be given to those who have been in harm’s way.
Nominations will be reviewed by members of the University’s Veterans Day Committee, which includes veterans, military experts, university faculty and staff, and members of the public. The 11 veterans to be honored will receive a commemorative medallion onstage at the main ceremony in the university's A. Ray Olpin Union building.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 1. A nomination form with detailed supporting materials should be mailed to the office of public relations at 201 S. Presidents Circle, Room 308, Salt Lake City, UT 84112. Forms are available at the public relations office, online at www.veteransday.utah.edu or by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 15
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11