SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah is seeking nominations of veterans to be honored at its 15th annual Veterans Day commemoration on Nov. 9.
Honorees are selected after a thorough examination of their military service. The nominee must currently live in Utah and be able and willing to talk about his or her experiences in the armed forces. While all nominations will be considered, regardless of the time period and conditions under which the veteran served, special attention will be given to those who have been in harm’s way.
Nominations will be reviewed by members of the University’s Veterans Day Committee, which includes veterans, military experts, university faculty and staff, and members of the public. The 11 veterans to be honored will receive a commemorative medallion onstage at the main ceremony in the university's A. Ray Olpin Union building.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 1. A nomination form with detailed supporting materials should be mailed to the office of public relations at 201 S. Presidents Circle, Room 308, Salt Lake City, UT 84112. Forms are available at the public relations office, online at www.veteransday.utah.edu or by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7