SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah is seeking nominations of veterans to be honored at its 15th annual Veterans Day commemoration on Nov. 9.
Honorees are selected after a thorough examination of their military service. The nominee must currently live in Utah and be able and willing to talk about his or her experiences in the armed forces. While all nominations will be considered, regardless of the time period and conditions under which the veteran served, special attention will be given to those who have been in harm’s way.
Nominations will be reviewed by members of the University’s Veterans Day Committee, which includes veterans, military experts, university faculty and staff, and members of the public. The 11 veterans to be honored will receive a commemorative medallion onstage at the main ceremony in the university's A. Ray Olpin Union building.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 1. A nomination form with detailed supporting materials should be mailed to the office of public relations at 201 S. Presidents Circle, Room 308, Salt Lake City, UT 84112. Forms are available at the public relations office, online at www.veteransday.utah.edu or by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18