SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah is seeking nominations of veterans to be honored at its 15th annual Veterans Day commemoration on Nov. 9.
Honorees are selected after a thorough examination of their military service. The nominee must currently live in Utah and be able and willing to talk about his or her experiences in the armed forces. While all nominations will be considered, regardless of the time period and conditions under which the veteran served, special attention will be given to those who have been in harm’s way.
Nominations will be reviewed by members of the University’s Veterans Day Committee, which includes veterans, military experts, university faculty and staff, and members of the public. The 11 veterans to be honored will receive a commemorative medallion onstage at the main ceremony in the university's A. Ray Olpin Union building.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 1. A nomination form with detailed supporting materials should be mailed to the office of public relations at 201 S. Presidents Circle, Room 308, Salt Lake City, UT 84112. Forms are available at the public relations office, online at www.veteransday.utah.edu or by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- National Defense Authorization Act includes...
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26