While BYU football coach Bronco Mendenhall is constantly in the spotlight, his wife, Holly, mostly remains in the background. But she is the subject of the cover story in latest issue of Utah Valley Magazine.
"Holly isn’t one to hold back her opinions," writes Jeanette Bennett. "She struggles a bit with the culture in Utah Valley. She believes many in the LDS faith marry before they are ready. She says Sundays are most definitely not a day of rest. And she wishes Bronco wouldn’t put her wooden spoons in the dishwasher. But her spirited nature is part of what drew Bronco to her when they married in their 30s after a 10-year hiatus from their first go-around in a relationship."
Watch BYUtv's "Best of True Blue," which includes a recap of BYU's inaugural season as an independent.
And, finally, ESPN wants to know what the greatest sports moment is from each state. For the state of Utah, there are several BYU-related moments to choose from, — Danny Ainge's coast-to-coast dash, the 1984 national championship in football and Jimmer Fredette's 52-point explosion against New Mexico. Vote here.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25