While BYU football coach Bronco Mendenhall is constantly in the spotlight, his wife, Holly, mostly remains in the background. But she is the subject of the cover story in latest issue of Utah Valley Magazine.
"Holly isn’t one to hold back her opinions," writes Jeanette Bennett. "She struggles a bit with the culture in Utah Valley. She believes many in the LDS faith marry before they are ready. She says Sundays are most definitely not a day of rest. And she wishes Bronco wouldn’t put her wooden spoons in the dishwasher. But her spirited nature is part of what drew Bronco to her when they married in their 30s after a 10-year hiatus from their first go-around in a relationship."
Watch BYUtv's "Best of True Blue," which includes a recap of BYU's inaugural season as an independent.
And, finally, ESPN wants to know what the greatest sports moment is from each state. For the state of Utah, there are several BYU-related moments to choose from, — Danny Ainge's coast-to-coast dash, the 1984 national championship in football and Jimmer Fredette's 52-point explosion against New Mexico. Vote here.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34