SALT LAKE CITY — The broom is no longer in the closet. It's courtside.
San Antonio is just 24 minutes away from sweeping its first-round NBA playoff series with the Utah Jazz. The Spurs hold a 50-42 halftime lead at EnergySolutions Arena.
Utah's Devin Harris leads all scorers with 13 points. Tim Duncan tops San Anotnio with 11.
A seesaw first quarter ended on a down side for the Jazz. They fell into a pair of seven-point deficits early — at 9-2 and 11-4 — before rallying to take a 19-15 lead less than five minutes later.
Unfortunately for Utah, a momentum shift followed.
While holding the Jazz scoreless over the final 2:33 of the quarter, the Spurs reeled off seven straight points to regain the lead at 22-19.
San Antonio extended its lead to 14 at one point in the second, and Utah drew no closer than six before the half was complete.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @DirkFacer
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22