SALT LAKE CITY — The broom is no longer in the closet. It's courtside.
San Antonio is just 24 minutes away from sweeping its first-round NBA playoff series with the Utah Jazz. The Spurs hold a 50-42 halftime lead at EnergySolutions Arena.
Utah's Devin Harris leads all scorers with 13 points. Tim Duncan tops San Anotnio with 11.
A seesaw first quarter ended on a down side for the Jazz. They fell into a pair of seven-point deficits early — at 9-2 and 11-4 — before rallying to take a 19-15 lead less than five minutes later.
Unfortunately for Utah, a momentum shift followed.
While holding the Jazz scoreless over the final 2:33 of the quarter, the Spurs reeled off seven straight points to regain the lead at 22-19.
San Antonio extended its lead to 14 at one point in the second, and Utah drew no closer than six before the half was complete.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @DirkFacer
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28