SALT LAKE CITY — The broom is no longer in the closet. It's courtside.
San Antonio is just 24 minutes away from sweeping its first-round NBA playoff series with the Utah Jazz. The Spurs hold a 50-42 halftime lead at EnergySolutions Arena.
Utah's Devin Harris leads all scorers with 13 points. Tim Duncan tops San Anotnio with 11.
A seesaw first quarter ended on a down side for the Jazz. They fell into a pair of seven-point deficits early — at 9-2 and 11-4 — before rallying to take a 19-15 lead less than five minutes later.
Unfortunately for Utah, a momentum shift followed.
While holding the Jazz scoreless over the final 2:33 of the quarter, the Spurs reeled off seven straight points to regain the lead at 22-19.
San Antonio extended its lead to 14 at one point in the second, and Utah drew no closer than six before the half was complete.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @DirkFacer
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 35
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20