SALT LAKE CITY — The broom is no longer in the closet. It's courtside.
San Antonio is just 24 minutes away from sweeping its first-round NBA playoff series with the Utah Jazz. The Spurs hold a 50-42 halftime lead at EnergySolutions Arena.
Utah's Devin Harris leads all scorers with 13 points. Tim Duncan tops San Anotnio with 11.
A seesaw first quarter ended on a down side for the Jazz. They fell into a pair of seven-point deficits early — at 9-2 and 11-4 — before rallying to take a 19-15 lead less than five minutes later.
Unfortunately for Utah, a momentum shift followed.
While holding the Jazz scoreless over the final 2:33 of the quarter, the Spurs reeled off seven straight points to regain the lead at 22-19.
San Antonio extended its lead to 14 at one point in the second, and Utah drew no closer than six before the half was complete.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @DirkFacer
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 23
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21