BYU, SUU baseball: Cougars, T-Birds will meet for possibly the last time ever Tuesday
PROVO — Tuesday night’s BYU game in Provo against Southern Utah is likely the last baseball contest between the two schools.
SUU (15-28) is dropping baseball after this season as it prepares to enter the Big Sky Conference. BYU (18-21) leads the series with the Thunderbirds 146-32. The Cougars won the last outing in 2009 vs. SUU, 8-3. The BYU-SUU series began in 1961 in Provo when BYU won five straight.
BYU will start junior college transfer Matt Milke (0-1, 9.37) on the mound against SUU’s Matt Nelson (1-3, 8.46).
Tuesday’s game at 6 p.m., is the last regularly scheduled non-conference game of the season for BYU and will be televised live by BYUtv.
Following the T-Bird tilt, BYU starts a dozen consecutive league games beginning with this Thursday’s three-game series at Pepperdine.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26