BYU, SUU baseball: Cougars, T-Birds will meet for possibly the last time ever Tuesday
PROVO — Tuesday night’s BYU game in Provo against Southern Utah is likely the last baseball contest between the two schools.
SUU (15-28) is dropping baseball after this season as it prepares to enter the Big Sky Conference. BYU (18-21) leads the series with the Thunderbirds 146-32. The Cougars won the last outing in 2009 vs. SUU, 8-3. The BYU-SUU series began in 1961 in Provo when BYU won five straight.
BYU will start junior college transfer Matt Milke (0-1, 9.37) on the mound against SUU’s Matt Nelson (1-3, 8.46).
Tuesday’s game at 6 p.m., is the last regularly scheduled non-conference game of the season for BYU and will be televised live by BYUtv.
Following the T-Bird tilt, BYU starts a dozen consecutive league games beginning with this Thursday’s three-game series at Pepperdine.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34