Fight over money led to fatal stabbing, Price police say
PRICE — Police continued Monday to gather information in the weekend stabbing death of a Price man.
Ryan Douglas Patrick, 32, was stabbed to death during an argument at his home, 390 N. 100 East, Friday afternoon. Jordan Wilcox, 21, was arrested and booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of murder.
The two men were arguing over money when the fight escalated about 4:30 p.m.
"The best we can tell, they were arguing over some debt or financial problem and it ended up into a physical altercation," said Price Police Chief Aleck Shilaos. "And then the knives came out."
Wilcox had just driven back to the house after washing a car when Patrick approached the vehicle and allegedly began punching Wilcox. Wilcox grabbed one of two large kitchen knives that were inside the car and stabbed Patrick once in the upper chest, Shilaos said.
Police and prosecutors were still gathering evidence Monday before meeting to consider whether criminal charges would be filed.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8