Fight over money led to fatal stabbing, Price police say
PRICE — Police continued Monday to gather information in the weekend stabbing death of a Price man.
Ryan Douglas Patrick, 32, was stabbed to death during an argument at his home, 390 N. 100 East, Friday afternoon. Jordan Wilcox, 21, was arrested and booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of murder.
The two men were arguing over money when the fight escalated about 4:30 p.m.
"The best we can tell, they were arguing over some debt or financial problem and it ended up into a physical altercation," said Price Police Chief Aleck Shilaos. "And then the knives came out."
Wilcox had just driven back to the house after washing a car when Patrick approached the vehicle and allegedly began punching Wilcox. Wilcox grabbed one of two large kitchen knives that were inside the car and stabbed Patrick once in the upper chest, Shilaos said.
Police and prosecutors were still gathering evidence Monday before meeting to consider whether criminal charges would be filed.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8