Fight over money led to fatal stabbing, Price police say
PRICE — Police continued Monday to gather information in the weekend stabbing death of a Price man.
Ryan Douglas Patrick, 32, was stabbed to death during an argument at his home, 390 N. 100 East, Friday afternoon. Jordan Wilcox, 21, was arrested and booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of murder.
The two men were arguing over money when the fight escalated about 4:30 p.m.
"The best we can tell, they were arguing over some debt or financial problem and it ended up into a physical altercation," said Price Police Chief Aleck Shilaos. "And then the knives came out."
Wilcox had just driven back to the house after washing a car when Patrick approached the vehicle and allegedly began punching Wilcox. Wilcox grabbed one of two large kitchen knives that were inside the car and stabbed Patrick once in the upper chest, Shilaos said.
Police and prosecutors were still gathering evidence Monday before meeting to consider whether criminal charges would be filed.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 78
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 32
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21