Fight over money led to fatal stabbing, Price police say
PRICE — Police continued Monday to gather information in the weekend stabbing death of a Price man.
Ryan Douglas Patrick, 32, was stabbed to death during an argument at his home, 390 N. 100 East, Friday afternoon. Jordan Wilcox, 21, was arrested and booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of murder.
The two men were arguing over money when the fight escalated about 4:30 p.m.
"The best we can tell, they were arguing over some debt or financial problem and it ended up into a physical altercation," said Price Police Chief Aleck Shilaos. "And then the knives came out."
Wilcox had just driven back to the house after washing a car when Patrick approached the vehicle and allegedly began punching Wilcox. Wilcox grabbed one of two large kitchen knives that were inside the car and stabbed Patrick once in the upper chest, Shilaos said.
Police and prosecutors were still gathering evidence Monday before meeting to consider whether criminal charges would be filed.
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18