Fight over money led to fatal stabbing, Price police say
PRICE — Police continued Monday to gather information in the weekend stabbing death of a Price man.
Ryan Douglas Patrick, 32, was stabbed to death during an argument at his home, 390 N. 100 East, Friday afternoon. Jordan Wilcox, 21, was arrested and booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of murder.
The two men were arguing over money when the fight escalated about 4:30 p.m.
"The best we can tell, they were arguing over some debt or financial problem and it ended up into a physical altercation," said Price Police Chief Aleck Shilaos. "And then the knives came out."
Wilcox had just driven back to the house after washing a car when Patrick approached the vehicle and allegedly began punching Wilcox. Wilcox grabbed one of two large kitchen knives that were inside the car and stabbed Patrick once in the upper chest, Shilaos said.
Police and prosecutors were still gathering evidence Monday before meeting to consider whether criminal charges would be filed.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12