PROVO — Portuguese Dual Language Immersion will be available at Lakeview Elementary School starting in fall 2012.
Provo School District’s Dual Language Immersion programs give elementary students the opportunity to become fluent in additional languages by the time they exit the sixth grade. Students enrolled in a dual language program will receive half of their daily instruction in English and the other half in the chosen target language.
Portuguese is one of the four languages the state has promoted for dual immersion. Other languages at different Provo district elementary schools include Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese.
At the designated date, it will begin with students in first grade only.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29