PROVO — Portuguese Dual Language Immersion will be available at Lakeview Elementary School starting in fall 2012.
Provo School District’s Dual Language Immersion programs give elementary students the opportunity to become fluent in additional languages by the time they exit the sixth grade. Students enrolled in a dual language program will receive half of their daily instruction in English and the other half in the chosen target language.
Portuguese is one of the four languages the state has promoted for dual immersion. Other languages at different Provo district elementary schools include Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese.
At the designated date, it will begin with students in first grade only.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8