PROVO — Portuguese Dual Language Immersion will be available at Lakeview Elementary School starting in fall 2012.
Provo School District’s Dual Language Immersion programs give elementary students the opportunity to become fluent in additional languages by the time they exit the sixth grade. Students enrolled in a dual language program will receive half of their daily instruction in English and the other half in the chosen target language.
Portuguese is one of the four languages the state has promoted for dual immersion. Other languages at different Provo district elementary schools include Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese.
At the designated date, it will begin with students in first grade only.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12