San Antonio Spurs lead Utah Jazz 52-50 at halftime of Game 3
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Matt Bonner hit a 3-pointer as time expired to give the San Antonio Spurs a 52-50 halftime lead over the Utah Jazz in Game 3 of their NBA playoff series.
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker lead the Spurs with 13 and 11 points, respectively, at the break. Devin Harris tops the Jazz with 14 and Al Jefferson has 11.
Utah holds a 24-16 rebounding advantage, but 8-of-16 shooting from the foul line has proven costly in a half featuring 10 lead changes and five ties.
Although the Jazz trailed 6-0 early after Duncan made two baskets and a pair of free throws, they managed to erase much of the deficit quickly. A 3-pointer by Harris and a jumper from Gordon Hayward cut the Spurs' lead to 6-5 less than two minutes into the contest.
San Antonio remained in front, however, until Harris made a second 3-pointer. The shot gave Utah a 23-22 advantage with 2:21 remaining in the opening quarter, giving the Jazz their first lead in the series since a 13-12 edge in Game 1.
By quarter's end, though, the Spurs held a 30-28 lead.
San Antonio leads the best-of-7 series 2-0.
- Ranking the best running backs in University...
- Elder Perry the sports fan
- Morning links: Reflecting on Andrei...
- Sisterly Love: Brynlee Lindsey jeopardizing...
- Ranking the best power forwards in the NBA...
- Ex-Olympus High star Nick Paulos to get Jazz...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 148
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 40
- Several early season game times set for... 32
- Morning links: Reflecting on Andrei... 29
- Dick Harmon: Larry Krystkowiak chimes... 17
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 14
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout... 14