San Antonio Spurs lead Utah Jazz 52-50 at halftime of Game 3
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Matt Bonner hit a 3-pointer as time expired to give the San Antonio Spurs a 52-50 halftime lead over the Utah Jazz in Game 3 of their NBA playoff series.
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker lead the Spurs with 13 and 11 points, respectively, at the break. Devin Harris tops the Jazz with 14 and Al Jefferson has 11.
Utah holds a 24-16 rebounding advantage, but 8-of-16 shooting from the foul line has proven costly in a half featuring 10 lead changes and five ties.
Although the Jazz trailed 6-0 early after Duncan made two baskets and a pair of free throws, they managed to erase much of the deficit quickly. A 3-pointer by Harris and a jumper from Gordon Hayward cut the Spurs' lead to 6-5 less than two minutes into the contest.
San Antonio remained in front, however, until Harris made a second 3-pointer. The shot gave Utah a 23-22 advantage with 2:21 remaining in the opening quarter, giving the Jazz their first lead in the series since a 13-12 edge in Game 1.
By quarter's end, though, the Spurs held a 30-28 lead.
San Antonio leads the best-of-7 series 2-0.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37