San Antonio Spurs lead Utah Jazz 52-50 at halftime of Game 3
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Matt Bonner hit a 3-pointer as time expired to give the San Antonio Spurs a 52-50 halftime lead over the Utah Jazz in Game 3 of their NBA playoff series.
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker lead the Spurs with 13 and 11 points, respectively, at the break. Devin Harris tops the Jazz with 14 and Al Jefferson has 11.
Utah holds a 24-16 rebounding advantage, but 8-of-16 shooting from the foul line has proven costly in a half featuring 10 lead changes and five ties.
Although the Jazz trailed 6-0 early after Duncan made two baskets and a pair of free throws, they managed to erase much of the deficit quickly. A 3-pointer by Harris and a jumper from Gordon Hayward cut the Spurs' lead to 6-5 less than two minutes into the contest.
San Antonio remained in front, however, until Harris made a second 3-pointer. The shot gave Utah a 23-22 advantage with 2:21 remaining in the opening quarter, giving the Jazz their first lead in the series since a 13-12 edge in Game 1.
By quarter's end, though, the Spurs held a 30-28 lead.
San Antonio leads the best-of-7 series 2-0.
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21