San Antonio Spurs lead Utah Jazz 52-50 at halftime of Game 3
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Matt Bonner hit a 3-pointer as time expired to give the San Antonio Spurs a 52-50 halftime lead over the Utah Jazz in Game 3 of their NBA playoff series.
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker lead the Spurs with 13 and 11 points, respectively, at the break. Devin Harris tops the Jazz with 14 and Al Jefferson has 11.
Utah holds a 24-16 rebounding advantage, but 8-of-16 shooting from the foul line has proven costly in a half featuring 10 lead changes and five ties.
Although the Jazz trailed 6-0 early after Duncan made two baskets and a pair of free throws, they managed to erase much of the deficit quickly. A 3-pointer by Harris and a jumper from Gordon Hayward cut the Spurs' lead to 6-5 less than two minutes into the contest.
San Antonio remained in front, however, until Harris made a second 3-pointer. The shot gave Utah a 23-22 advantage with 2:21 remaining in the opening quarter, giving the Jazz their first lead in the series since a 13-12 edge in Game 1.
By quarter's end, though, the Spurs held a 30-28 lead.
San Antonio leads the best-of-7 series 2-0.
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Rodney Hood, Dante Exum highlight Utah Jazz...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield...
- Wasatch Academy basketball coach Geno Morgan...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven teams...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 96
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 80
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 52
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 27