Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A ruptured hose at chemical distributor Brenntag on Friday resulted in a chemical spill of approximately 2,000 gallons of sulfuric acid, officials said.
Salt Lake firefighters and hazardous materials crews responded to the spill at 2334 W. Directors Row. Brenntag employees evacuated their building and no one was transported to the hospital.
The spill did not have an airborne component and posed no threat to the public, said Salt Lake Fire Battalion Chief Clair Baldwin. The spill was contained and turned over to a private company to neutralize the acid.
Traffic was closed on Directors Row and Swaner Road while crews responded to the spill.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11