Stuart Johnson, Deseret Morning News
CEDAR HILLS — The Cedar Hills Community Recreation Center will hold its grand opening on Saturday. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., followed by activities from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those who are interested can see the new building and learn more about the programs that will be offered.
The center plans to offer many activities including Boy and Girl Scout programs, tot reading hours, gardening workshops and CERT classes, just to name a few. The 16,000 sq. ft. building is set up to host business lunches, golf tournaments, company events, wedding receptions and family parties. The spacious Vista Room has a flexible floor plan to allow seating for up to 250 people.
Later this spring a variety of fitness and recreational classes for all ages will begin — such as youth golf camps, zumba, yoga, pump, zumbatonics for kids, ballet, karate and the Cedar Hills FIRST LEGO League. With the completion of the basement later this summer, the fitness room will open with spinning classes, a climbing wall and additional fitness, cardio and recreation classes.
The driving range will be open for free play, and there will be a driving contest sponsored by the Youth City Council. Golfers are asked to bring their own clubs.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12