Stuart Johnson, Deseret Morning News
CEDAR HILLS — The Cedar Hills Community Recreation Center will hold its grand opening on Saturday. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., followed by activities from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those who are interested can see the new building and learn more about the programs that will be offered.
The center plans to offer many activities including Boy and Girl Scout programs, tot reading hours, gardening workshops and CERT classes, just to name a few. The 16,000 sq. ft. building is set up to host business lunches, golf tournaments, company events, wedding receptions and family parties. The spacious Vista Room has a flexible floor plan to allow seating for up to 250 people.
Later this spring a variety of fitness and recreational classes for all ages will begin — such as youth golf camps, zumba, yoga, pump, zumbatonics for kids, ballet, karate and the Cedar Hills FIRST LEGO League. With the completion of the basement later this summer, the fitness room will open with spinning classes, a climbing wall and additional fitness, cardio and recreation classes.
The driving range will be open for free play, and there will be a driving contest sponsored by the Youth City Council. Golfers are asked to bring their own clubs.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 13