Stuart Johnson, Deseret Morning News
CEDAR HILLS — The Cedar Hills Community Recreation Center will hold its grand opening on Saturday. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., followed by activities from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those who are interested can see the new building and learn more about the programs that will be offered.
The center plans to offer many activities including Boy and Girl Scout programs, tot reading hours, gardening workshops and CERT classes, just to name a few. The 16,000 sq. ft. building is set up to host business lunches, golf tournaments, company events, wedding receptions and family parties. The spacious Vista Room has a flexible floor plan to allow seating for up to 250 people.
Later this spring a variety of fitness and recreational classes for all ages will begin — such as youth golf camps, zumba, yoga, pump, zumbatonics for kids, ballet, karate and the Cedar Hills FIRST LEGO League. With the completion of the basement later this summer, the fitness room will open with spinning classes, a climbing wall and additional fitness, cardio and recreation classes.
The driving range will be open for free play, and there will be a driving contest sponsored by the Youth City Council. Golfers are asked to bring their own clubs.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 46
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 20
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18