One of the most successful updates has actually been to the character of Nick Fury. In an odd bit of life imitating art, the Ultimate version was actually modeled on Samuel L. Jackson before the actor was ever cast in any of the movies.
For those interested, many of the current movies, including “The Avengers,” are based to some extent on the Ultimate comics. Specifically, Joss Whedon’s film bears a noticeable resemblance to the first volume of the Ultimate version of the Avengers (simply called “The Ultimates”). Although its main story (in an homage to the original 1963 comic) involves a team brought together by Nick Fury to fight a rampaging Hulk, the heroes also encounter a race of shape-shifting aliens known as the Chitauri. If that doesn’t mean much now, it probably will after the movie.
More can be found at the Marvel wiki page.
A native of Utah Valley and a devoted cinephile, Jeff Peterson is currently studying humanities and history at Brigham Young University.
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Netflix has a different take on modern...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- 4 recently released LDS picture books
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 15
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 12
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 6
- Faith sustained author through... 5