Utah Jazz getting smashed by San Antonio at halftime, 53-28
SAN ANTONIO — Game 4 of the 1998 NBA Finals might have a rival for worst game in Utah Jazz playoff history.
The Jazz are being pounded by the San Antonio Spurs at halftime of Game 2, trailing 53-28 at halftime at the AT&T Center.
Utah fell behind quickly, missing its first seven shots en route to an early 17-4 deficit.
It got better for the Jazz momentarily, before it got much, much worse.
Derrick Favors and Paul Millsap led a temporary charge as the Jazz cut the Spurs' lead to five at 31-26.
In order, Favors and then the Jazz were taken out of the game.
San Antonio went on a massive 20-0 run, hitting four 3-pointers and simply blowing the Jazz out of the building.
Forget the Big Three. It's the Tiny Two of Danny Green (13 points) and Kawhi Leonard (12 points) who have done the most damage to the Jazz.
Utah is shooting 23.4 percent from the field through two quarters compared to 55.3 percent for the Spurs.
Josh Howard leads Utah, trailing 1-0 in the series, with nine points.
Al Jefferson and Gordon Hayward are each shooting 1-for-6.
The Jazz scored 17 points in the first quarter and just 11 in the second.
The Jazz were blown out of that championship series game 14 years ago, 96-54.
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- BYU offensive line coming together in time...
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice Bucket...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 146
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 106
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 96
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 67
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 34
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should... 29