SAN ANTONIO — Game 4 of the 1998 NBA Finals might have a rival for worst game in Utah Jazz playoff history.
The Jazz are being pounded by the San Antonio Spurs at halftime of Game 2, trailing 53-28 at halftime at the AT&T Center.
Utah fell behind quickly, missing its first seven shots en route to an early 17-4 deficit.
It got better for the Jazz momentarily, before it got much, much worse.
Derrick Favors and Paul Millsap led a temporary charge as the Jazz cut the Spurs' lead to five at 31-26.
In order, Favors and then the Jazz were taken out of the game.
San Antonio went on a massive 20-0 run, hitting four 3-pointers and simply blowing the Jazz out of the building.
Forget the Big Three. It's the Tiny Two of Danny Green (13 points) and Kawhi Leonard (12 points) who have done the most damage to the Jazz.
Utah is shooting 23.4 percent from the field through two quarters compared to 55.3 percent for the Spurs.
Josh Howard leads Utah, trailing 1-0 in the series, with nine points.
Al Jefferson and Gordon Hayward are each shooting 1-for-6.
The Jazz scored 17 points in the first quarter and just 11 in the second.
The Jazz were blown out of that championship series game 14 years ago, 96-54.
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Recruiting: Austin Kafentzis commits to play...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Ready to roll: US national soccer team ready...
- Rock On: Getting up to speed at BYU, Jazz's...
- Commentary: The 15 kings of BYU football, the...
- Utah Jazz: Syracuse point guard Michael...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 145
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 28
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 26
- Trevor Reilly, Jake Murphy to represent... 21
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 20
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18
- Recruiting: Austin Kafentzis commits to... 17