"FORGET ME NOT," by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Deseret Book, $14.99, 55 pages (nf)
A tiny blue flower with five petals is the focus of "Forget Me Not," a book based on President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from General Relief Society Meeting last September.
"The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget," said President Uchtdorf, the second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
As such, the book is divided into five sections: "forget not to be patient with yourself," "forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice," "forget not to be happy now," "forget not the why of the gospel" and "forget not that the Lord loves you."
He uses examples from the scriptures, lives of women and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to help make his points.
It's formatted in a blue gift book that includes photos of forget-me-not flowers, along with formatting that helps emphasize President Uchtdorf's words.
"There is something inspiring and sublime about the little forget-me-not flower," he says in the conclusion. "I hope it will be a symbol of little things that make your lives joyful and sweet."
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 46
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 25
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- Ten Commandments come down in Oklahoma... 13