What's new: 'Forget Me Not' by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"FORGET ME NOT," by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Deseret Book, $14.99, 55 pages (nf)
A tiny blue flower with five petals is the focus of "Forget Me Not," a book based on President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from General Relief Society Meeting last September.
"The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget," said President Uchtdorf, the second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
As such, the book is divided into five sections: "forget not to be patient with yourself," "forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice," "forget not to be happy now," "forget not the why of the gospel" and "forget not that the Lord loves you."
He uses examples from the scriptures, lives of women and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to help make his points.
It's formatted in a blue gift book that includes photos of forget-me-not flowers, along with formatting that helps emphasize President Uchtdorf's words.
"There is something inspiring and sublime about the little forget-me-not flower," he says in the conclusion. "I hope it will be a symbol of little things that make your lives joyful and sweet."
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting religious...
- 27 more tips for couples: Marriage advice,...
- 6 ways youths, leaders can reboot the church...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 112
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 70
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 33
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Faith leaders call for religious... 17
- Utah woman produces her own Book of... 16
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer... 10