What's new: 'Forget Me Not' by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"FORGET ME NOT," by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Deseret Book, $14.99, 55 pages (nf)
A tiny blue flower with five petals is the focus of "Forget Me Not," a book based on President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from General Relief Society Meeting last September.
"The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget," said President Uchtdorf, the second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
As such, the book is divided into five sections: "forget not to be patient with yourself," "forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice," "forget not to be happy now," "forget not the why of the gospel" and "forget not that the Lord loves you."
He uses examples from the scriptures, lives of women and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to help make his points.
It's formatted in a blue gift book that includes photos of forget-me-not flowers, along with formatting that helps emphasize President Uchtdorf's words.
"There is something inspiring and sublime about the little forget-me-not flower," he says in the conclusion. "I hope it will be a symbol of little things that make your lives joyful and sweet."
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 94
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 31
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 19
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford... 9