For people living in Salt Lake or Utah county, a getaway from the stressful work week may feel like it can never happen because many of your favorite attractions may be far away. For anyone in that predicament, Heber City can be the solution.
While it really isn’t a “small town,” you will still get the small-town feel there. The city has friendly people, plenty of things to to do, and a plethora of places to eat.
If you make it there and are in the mood to eat at a modern restaurant, head over to Spin Cafe, which has a unique menu that features items you might recognize, but with a twist.
Spin Cafe is definitely in its own category, but once you enter, you'll know you have found a gem. Every section of the restaurant features decor that reflects the idea of “spinning.” In this hip setting, you'll get a good meal that won’t come with a hefty price tag.
Joline, one of the restaurant's owners, says the idea they wanted to convey was contemporary food with a bit of a spin. Joline and her husband — who, before coming to Heber, ran an Italian restaurant in Telluride — opened the restaurant about six years ago, and pride themselves on creating interesting and fresh menu items.
When it comes to the food, it is delicious. There’s no other way to put it. They feature, as mentioned, a unique menu, and even a few unique drinks.
They have what they refer to as a “Utah cream soda,” which is like an Italian cream soda but a little sweeter. If you’re not into sweet, then just go for a regular Italian soda.
The menu is full of enticing entrees, like the farmer’s market panini, described on the menu as “a grilled veggie sandwich with portobello mushroom, asparagus, roma tomatoes, red bell pepper and goat cheese.” Not enough for you? Maybe give the Seattle BLT a try, or even a buffalo burger. Served with the sandwiches is a good helping of freshly cut, seasoned and fried potatoes or, for a little extra, fresh, hand-breaded onion rings.
When all is said and done, and you’re feeling like you can’t put anything else into your belly, man- (or woman-) up and get some gelato. OK, that sounds harsh, but, really, save some space because it is good stuff. If that doesn’t interest you, take a look at some of the other desserts because are just as good.
Spin Cafe is found at 220 N. Main St. in Heber, Utah, and can be contacted at 435-654-0251. View the restaurant's website at spincafe.net.
Tyson Rollins and Tyler Gaisford developed Utah's Forks in the Road. Follow their adventures at forkintheroadutah.com and on Twitter @ForkintheroadUt
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- Viral photos encourage moms to 'set aside the...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- Hundreds of volunteers tackle service...
- Men experience the pains of labor through...
- Early diagnosis may be key in slowing...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Tip for living: Book is full of tips for...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- French president signs gay marriage... 5
- Former middle-class moms choose new... 5
- Reactions to abortion murder verdict... 4
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,... 2
- Viral photos encourage moms to 'set... 2
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of... 2