He was, of course, correct. Thankfully, we followed his counsel and stayed the course. Today there are thousands of MarketStar employees worldwide.
At the present time, Norton and several others continue to guide me as I pursue new and exciting ventures. Their advice and support are invaluable. I will never be able to properly compensate them for their inspired wisdom. In return for their generosity, I will continue to be a mentor to others.
I recommend without hesitation that all business builders find and engage experienced and knowledgeable mentors to guide them. Success will follow those who agree.
How has a mentor or advisor helped guide you to success? I welcome your stories or questions about securing a mentor. You can reach me at www.AlanEHall.com or connect with me on Twitter at @AskAlanEHall.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is the Chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- Obama shows his funny side while promoting...
- How expensive is your ego?
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan if...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- 'A treasured tradition:' KSL Radiothon...
- Eat a cookie, help a child: Chick-fil-A...
- For women, lower grades might mean more money
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 24
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- Official: Obama to push for more... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- For women, lower grades might mean more... 2