SANDY — The Sandy Exchange Club is partnering with the city in sponsoring the 27th annual Sandy Pride Day on May 19.
Residents are encouraged to clean up and beautify their city whether at home or through a project in their neighborhood or park.
Thousands of man-hours are donated each May by church organizations, neighborhoods, local businesses and Boy Scout groups that organize projects throughout the city. The annual day of service begins at approximately 8 a.m.
Volunteers will deliver more than 40,000 green Sandy Pride bags to residents about two weeks before the May 19 event. The bags can be used for a variety of improvements around homes or neighborhoods and then disposed of in the normal trash cans.
Volunteers, whether residents or businesses, have the opportunity to come together to donate time and resources to help with organized projects. The Home Depot has provided gift cards that will be used to help veterans, the elderly, or individuals with debilitating diseases complete projects for their homes or yards. Applications for these projects are available online.
For more information, visit www.sandy.utah.gov/sandypride or call Angela at 801-568-7254. Participating youth or scout groups are eligible for a beautiful patch depicting the “Hope Rising” statue in front of Sandy City Hall.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9