Susan Powell's emails described her fears to friends
• In an email dated July 5, 2008, Powell writes, "Josh doesn't seem to take responsibility for anything."
Six days later, said she was seeking counseling for "depression and stress" that had built up over the past three years of marriage.
• In an email dated July 14, 2008, Susan Powell wrote: "Josh has mental issues and/or has lost touch with reality=I'm a stressed, overworked, neglected/abused single mother down to her last straw."
• On July 7, 2008, Powell sent an email to a friend saying she felt better about letting the friend know what was going on, hinting that she was afraid of Josh.
"I don't know how you can help except talk with me and be another individual that would know about the situation if questioned b/c things went crazy later. Sad that I'm this paranoid," she wrote.
• Powell followed that email with one on July 26, 2008, in which she continued talking about videotaping her possessions "so they can take it off the hard drive digital video camera-just in case."
She also says she was no longer pressuring her husband to go to church with her and wondered if Josh was serious about fixing their marriage or if he didn't believe the problems between them were that bad.
"I don't want to divorce or separate or take the kids somewhere and he views it as an act of war if I cut off my paycheck to the joint credit union," she wrote. "My current tactic is to pretty much not make waves and try to ignore the problems."
• On July 11, Susan Powell added, "I don't know why he'd think the marriage is worth staying in, I doubt only myself going to counseling would fix 'all the problems.'"
• By Oct. 31, 2008, Powell told her friend that her parents were ready to help pay for a divorce lawyer. In the email she sad she believed a divorce wouldn't be as bad as she feared, "like him kidnapping the kids and taking me for broke."
Susan Powell was last seen on Dec. 6, 2009. Around midnight, Josh Powell claimed he went camping with his two young sons on a snowy night in a remote area of Tooele County. Susan Powell was reported missing the next day.
In February, Josh Powell killed his two young sons and himself in an inferno at his rental home in Graham, Wash., just days after a judge informed him that his in-laws would continue to have custody of the children for the next several months.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah delegation...
- Protestors want Sim Gill to resign over...
- 13-month-old boy dies after being hit by SUV...
- Man shot outside Salt Lake motel; police...
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah, but lead...
- Two arrested in dangerous Taylorsville chase,...
- Celebrate July 4 at South Salt Lake Freedom...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 74
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 43
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21