Spurs take seven-point halftime lead over Jazz in Game 1
SAN ANTONIO — The halftime score could have been worse for the Utah Jazz.
Paul Millsap scored 11 points, Al Jefferson added eight and Derrick Favors chipped in six to help the underdog Jazz stay within 54-47 of the Spurs midway through Game 1 at the AT&T Center.
Tony Parker has been the difference-maker for top-seeded San Antonio with 16 points and six assists.
The Jazz took an early lead, but the Spurs appeared on the verge of breaking it open a few times after taking nine-point leads on a couple of occasions.
Josh Howard was a surprise starter for the Jazz in place of DeMarre Carroll, but Howard missed all four of his field goal attempts.
Tim Duncan ended the half with seven points and seven rebounds, and Manu Ginobili came off of the bench to give the Spurs six points. Stephen Jackson added seven points in a reserve role.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 110
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 34
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20