Spurs take seven-point halftime lead over Jazz in Game 1
SAN ANTONIO — The halftime score could have been worse for the Utah Jazz.
Paul Millsap scored 11 points, Al Jefferson added eight and Derrick Favors chipped in six to help the underdog Jazz stay within 54-47 of the Spurs midway through Game 1 at the AT&T Center.
Tony Parker has been the difference-maker for top-seeded San Antonio with 16 points and six assists.
The Jazz took an early lead, but the Spurs appeared on the verge of breaking it open a few times after taking nine-point leads on a couple of occasions.
Josh Howard was a surprise starter for the Jazz in place of DeMarre Carroll, but Howard missed all four of his field goal attempts.
Tim Duncan ended the half with seven points and seven rebounds, and Manu Ginobili came off of the bench to give the Spurs six points. Stephen Jackson added seven points in a reserve role.
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Morning links: National college... 68
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 49
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 40