Spurs take seven-point halftime lead over Jazz in Game 1
SAN ANTONIO — The halftime score could have been worse for the Utah Jazz.
Paul Millsap scored 11 points, Al Jefferson added eight and Derrick Favors chipped in six to help the underdog Jazz stay within 54-47 of the Spurs midway through Game 1 at the AT&T Center.
Tony Parker has been the difference-maker for top-seeded San Antonio with 16 points and six assists.
The Jazz took an early lead, but the Spurs appeared on the verge of breaking it open a few times after taking nine-point leads on a couple of occasions.
Josh Howard was a surprise starter for the Jazz in place of DeMarre Carroll, but Howard missed all four of his field goal attempts.
Tim Duncan ended the half with seven points and seven rebounds, and Manu Ginobili came off of the bench to give the Spurs six points. Stephen Jackson added seven points in a reserve role.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 92
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26