Spurs take seven-point halftime lead over Jazz in Game 1
SAN ANTONIO — The halftime score could have been worse for the Utah Jazz.
Paul Millsap scored 11 points, Al Jefferson added eight and Derrick Favors chipped in six to help the underdog Jazz stay within 54-47 of the Spurs midway through Game 1 at the AT&T Center.
Tony Parker has been the difference-maker for top-seeded San Antonio with 16 points and six assists.
The Jazz took an early lead, but the Spurs appeared on the verge of breaking it open a few times after taking nine-point leads on a couple of occasions.
Josh Howard was a surprise starter for the Jazz in place of DeMarre Carroll, but Howard missed all four of his field goal attempts.
Tim Duncan ended the half with seven points and seven rebounds, and Manu Ginobili came off of the bench to give the Spurs six points. Stephen Jackson added seven points in a reserve role.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23