Spurs take seven-point halftime lead over Jazz in Game 1
SAN ANTONIO — The halftime score could have been worse for the Utah Jazz.
Paul Millsap scored 11 points, Al Jefferson added eight and Derrick Favors chipped in six to help the underdog Jazz stay within 54-47 of the Spurs midway through Game 1 at the AT&T Center.
Tony Parker has been the difference-maker for top-seeded San Antonio with 16 points and six assists.
The Jazz took an early lead, but the Spurs appeared on the verge of breaking it open a few times after taking nine-point leads on a couple of occasions.
Josh Howard was a surprise starter for the Jazz in place of DeMarre Carroll, but Howard missed all four of his field goal attempts.
Tim Duncan ended the half with seven points and seven rebounds, and Manu Ginobili came off of the bench to give the Spurs six points. Stephen Jackson added seven points in a reserve role.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 21
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 12