SPANISH FORK — A Mount Pleasant woman died and two others were injured in a two-vehicle rollover accident on U.S. 89 Friday.
Rebecca Dorton, 36, of Mount Pleasant, was driving north near milepost 303 at 6:25 p.m. when her vehicle went over the rumble strips on the right side of the road. The Utah Highway Patrol reported that Dorton overcorrected, crossing into the southbound lane. Her vehicle struck the rear bumper of a vehicle and was then struck by a pickup truck.
Dorton's vehicle and the truck both rolled, and the truck came to rest upside down. Dorton was killed in the crash. She was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision, UHP troopers reported.
Her son, 1 ½-year-old Chance Morrell, sustained two broken collar bones and a broken leg. He was flown to Primary Children's Medical Center in critical condition. The driver of the pickup truck, Claudia Munford, 48, was hospitalized at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center with injuries that were reportedly not life threatening.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13