Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
PROVO — American Idol winner Scotty McCreery has been added to the program of this year’s Stadium of Fire celebration.
“Scotty McCreery contributes enormously to the enthusiasm of this year’s show,” said Paul Warner, executive director of America’s Freedom Festival, which sponsors the annual Stadium of Fire on the Fourth of July. “As if The Beach Boys weren’t enough, Scotty will certainly thrill the stadium audience, as well as the million-plus military men and women watching from around the world.”
McCreery won the 10th American Idol competition last year.
McCreery released his new album, "Clear as Day," in October. The album sold 197,000 copies on its debut week, and McCreery made history as the first country act to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200, as well as the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with his debut release.
"He joins Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood and David Archuleta as American Idol alumni who have performed at the show,” Warner said.
Tickets to Stadium of Fire are currently available at stadiumoffire.com. The show will be on Wednesday, July 4, at LaVell Edwards Stadium at Brigham Young University.
Stadium of Fire is one of the country’s premier patriotic celebrations, attracting an average attendance of 50,000 people.
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Family of fallen officer Derek Johnson...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Why would a parent abandon a child? A look at...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14