Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
PROVO — American Idol winner Scotty McCreery has been added to the program of this year’s Stadium of Fire celebration.
“Scotty McCreery contributes enormously to the enthusiasm of this year’s show,” said Paul Warner, executive director of America’s Freedom Festival, which sponsors the annual Stadium of Fire on the Fourth of July. “As if The Beach Boys weren’t enough, Scotty will certainly thrill the stadium audience, as well as the million-plus military men and women watching from around the world.”
McCreery won the 10th American Idol competition last year.
McCreery released his new album, "Clear as Day," in October. The album sold 197,000 copies on its debut week, and McCreery made history as the first country act to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200, as well as the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with his debut release.
"He joins Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood and David Archuleta as American Idol alumni who have performed at the show,” Warner said.
Tickets to Stadium of Fire are currently available at stadiumoffire.com. The show will be on Wednesday, July 4, at LaVell Edwards Stadium at Brigham Young University.
Stadium of Fire is one of the country’s premier patriotic celebrations, attracting an average attendance of 50,000 people.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11