Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
PROVO — American Idol winner Scotty McCreery has been added to the program of this year’s Stadium of Fire celebration.
“Scotty McCreery contributes enormously to the enthusiasm of this year’s show,” said Paul Warner, executive director of America’s Freedom Festival, which sponsors the annual Stadium of Fire on the Fourth of July. “As if The Beach Boys weren’t enough, Scotty will certainly thrill the stadium audience, as well as the million-plus military men and women watching from around the world.”
McCreery won the 10th American Idol competition last year.
McCreery released his new album, "Clear as Day," in October. The album sold 197,000 copies on its debut week, and McCreery made history as the first country act to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200, as well as the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with his debut release.
"He joins Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood and David Archuleta as American Idol alumni who have performed at the show,” Warner said.
Tickets to Stadium of Fire are currently available at stadiumoffire.com. The show will be on Wednesday, July 4, at LaVell Edwards Stadium at Brigham Young University.
Stadium of Fire is one of the country’s premier patriotic celebrations, attracting an average attendance of 50,000 people.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 14
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9