Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
PROVO — American Idol winner Scotty McCreery has been added to the program of this year’s Stadium of Fire celebration.
“Scotty McCreery contributes enormously to the enthusiasm of this year’s show,” said Paul Warner, executive director of America’s Freedom Festival, which sponsors the annual Stadium of Fire on the Fourth of July. “As if The Beach Boys weren’t enough, Scotty will certainly thrill the stadium audience, as well as the million-plus military men and women watching from around the world.”
McCreery won the 10th American Idol competition last year.
McCreery released his new album, "Clear as Day," in October. The album sold 197,000 copies on its debut week, and McCreery made history as the first country act to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200, as well as the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with his debut release.
"He joins Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood and David Archuleta as American Idol alumni who have performed at the show,” Warner said.
Tickets to Stadium of Fire are currently available at stadiumoffire.com. The show will be on Wednesday, July 4, at LaVell Edwards Stadium at Brigham Young University.
Stadium of Fire is one of the country’s premier patriotic celebrations, attracting an average attendance of 50,000 people.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12