Isaac Brekken, Associated Press
PROVO — American Idol winner Scotty McCreery has been added to the program of this year’s Stadium of Fire celebration.
“Scotty McCreery contributes enormously to the enthusiasm of this year’s show,” said Paul Warner, executive director of America’s Freedom Festival, which sponsors the annual Stadium of Fire on the Fourth of July. “As if The Beach Boys weren’t enough, Scotty will certainly thrill the stadium audience, as well as the million-plus military men and women watching from around the world.”
McCreery won the 10th American Idol competition last year.
McCreery released his new album, "Clear as Day," in October. The album sold 197,000 copies on its debut week, and McCreery made history as the first country act to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200, as well as the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with his debut release.
"He joins Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood and David Archuleta as American Idol alumni who have performed at the show,” Warner said.
Tickets to Stadium of Fire are currently available at stadiumoffire.com. The show will be on Wednesday, July 4, at LaVell Edwards Stadium at Brigham Young University.
Stadium of Fire is one of the country’s premier patriotic celebrations, attracting an average attendance of 50,000 people.
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Crash on U.S. 40 west of Vernal injures 3,...
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Orem’s most notorious eyesore to be...
- Three amendments to Utah Constitution on the...
- 'Primary suspect' identified in national park...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 54
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 44
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21
- 'The time is right' for a digital... 21