They raise their own chickens for eggs and grow a lot of their own vegetables to use and to sell. Recently they sold several pounds of tomatoes to a large hotel chain. They also have a water purification system that enables them to reuse water for their various needs. They even run a preschool that they open to the community. Their living quarters are very simple and humble.
These incredible children are loved and nurtured by the wonderful staff at the Liberty Children’s Home. They had positive attitudes, amazing smiles and a cheerful spirit. The Children’s Home was so appreciative of the donation from our wedding that resulted in necessities like food and clothing for the children.
We were blessed to spend the unforgettable time with such sweet children that we wish it could have been longer. They were so attached to us after just one day and you could see that they longed for families of their own to love them unconditionally.
Most of the children that come into the home never get adopted, but fortunately they are in good hands and do share the love and bond that a family strives to have. We were humbled by the way they live and the love that radiates from them.
We left Delfina with a Book of Mormon that included our testimonies. She expressed her thanks and told us that she had heard a lot about our church and was looking forward to reading the Book of Mormon.
We will never forget our experience at the Liberty Children’s Home and plan on continuing to support them however we can.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Courage and valor: A bizarre order for a WWII...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 77
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 59
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 55
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17