SALT LAKE CITY — General commencement ceremonies at the University of Utah will be held on Friday, May 4 at 9 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center for 7,659 graduates.
The number of degrees awarded exceeds the number of graduates for the class of 2012, as some students received more than one degree. A total of 8,366 degrees will be conferred.
University of Utah President David W. Pershing will officiate at the commencement. The featured speaker will be Ed Catmull, president and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios and a U. alumnus, who received bachelor of science degrees in physics and computer science as well as a doctorate in computer science from the U.
The student speaker will be Stefanie Roberson, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in information systems.
Convocations for the colleges of health, nursing, social work, and graduate students of the College of Social and Behavioral Science will be held on Thursday, May 3.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during commencement and convocation ceremonies. Visitors are encouraged to use the free campus shuttle service to travel between commencement events. Shuttles run throughout campus and are scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 54
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 32
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15