SALT LAKE CITY — General commencement ceremonies at the University of Utah will be held on Friday, May 4 at 9 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center for 7,659 graduates.
The number of degrees awarded exceeds the number of graduates for the class of 2012, as some students received more than one degree. A total of 8,366 degrees will be conferred.
University of Utah President David W. Pershing will officiate at the commencement. The featured speaker will be Ed Catmull, president and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios and a U. alumnus, who received bachelor of science degrees in physics and computer science as well as a doctorate in computer science from the U.
The student speaker will be Stefanie Roberson, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in information systems.
Convocations for the colleges of health, nursing, social work, and graduate students of the College of Social and Behavioral Science will be held on Thursday, May 3.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during commencement and convocation ceremonies. Visitors are encouraged to use the free campus shuttle service to travel between commencement events. Shuttles run throughout campus and are scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9