SALT LAKE CITY — General commencement ceremonies at the University of Utah will be held on Friday, May 4 at 9 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center for 7,659 graduates.
The number of degrees awarded exceeds the number of graduates for the class of 2012, as some students received more than one degree. A total of 8,366 degrees will be conferred.
University of Utah President David W. Pershing will officiate at the commencement. The featured speaker will be Ed Catmull, president and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios and a U. alumnus, who received bachelor of science degrees in physics and computer science as well as a doctorate in computer science from the U.
The student speaker will be Stefanie Roberson, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in information systems.
Convocations for the colleges of health, nursing, social work, and graduate students of the College of Social and Behavioral Science will be held on Thursday, May 3.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during commencement and convocation ceremonies. Visitors are encouraged to use the free campus shuttle service to travel between commencement events. Shuttles run throughout campus and are scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16