SALT LAKE CITY — General commencement ceremonies at the University of Utah will be held on Friday, May 4 at 9 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center for 7,659 graduates.
The number of degrees awarded exceeds the number of graduates for the class of 2012, as some students received more than one degree. A total of 8,366 degrees will be conferred.
University of Utah President David W. Pershing will officiate at the commencement. The featured speaker will be Ed Catmull, president and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios and a U. alumnus, who received bachelor of science degrees in physics and computer science as well as a doctorate in computer science from the U.
The student speaker will be Stefanie Roberson, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in information systems.
Convocations for the colleges of health, nursing, social work, and graduate students of the College of Social and Behavioral Science will be held on Thursday, May 3.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during commencement and convocation ceremonies. Visitors are encouraged to use the free campus shuttle service to travel between commencement events. Shuttles run throughout campus and are scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16