SALT LAKE CITY — General commencement ceremonies at the University of Utah will be held on Friday, May 4 at 9 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center for 7,659 graduates.
The number of degrees awarded exceeds the number of graduates for the class of 2012, as some students received more than one degree. A total of 8,366 degrees will be conferred.
University of Utah President David W. Pershing will officiate at the commencement. The featured speaker will be Ed Catmull, president and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios and a U. alumnus, who received bachelor of science degrees in physics and computer science as well as a doctorate in computer science from the U.
The student speaker will be Stefanie Roberson, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in information systems.
Convocations for the colleges of health, nursing, social work, and graduate students of the College of Social and Behavioral Science will be held on Thursday, May 3.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during commencement and convocation ceremonies. Visitors are encouraged to use the free campus shuttle service to travel between commencement events. Shuttles run throughout campus and are scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 89
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18