SALT LAKE CITY — General commencement ceremonies at the University of Utah will be held on Friday, May 4 at 9 a.m. in the Jon M. Huntsman Center for 7,659 graduates.
The number of degrees awarded exceeds the number of graduates for the class of 2012, as some students received more than one degree. A total of 8,366 degrees will be conferred.
University of Utah President David W. Pershing will officiate at the commencement. The featured speaker will be Ed Catmull, president and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios and a U. alumnus, who received bachelor of science degrees in physics and computer science as well as a doctorate in computer science from the U.
The student speaker will be Stefanie Roberson, who is receiving a bachelor of science degree in information systems.
Convocations for the colleges of health, nursing, social work, and graduate students of the College of Social and Behavioral Science will be held on Thursday, May 3.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during commencement and convocation ceremonies. Visitors are encouraged to use the free campus shuttle service to travel between commencement events. Shuttles run throughout campus and are scheduled every 10 minutes.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10