Book review: 'Christ's Gifts to Women' shares powerful offerings of the Master
"CHRIST'S GIFTS OF WOMEN," by Heather B. Moore and Angela Eschler, Covenant Communications, $17.99, 37 pages (nf)
In the Bible, the Apostle John records a wonderful encounter by the Well of Jacob between Jesus of Nazareth and a Samaritan woman. The tender teachings of the Master eventually led the woman to recognize Jesus as the Messiah and she ran to find others to share her joy in the gift she had received.
In their new book, “Christ’s Gifts to Women,” Heather B. Moore and Angela Eschler examine this and five other accounts of the Savior’s interactions with the women of his day. Each of the experiences highlights a particular gift women today might seek in their own lives as they live by the light of faith in the Redeemer.
When Jewish leaders brought a woman caught in the act of adultery to the Savior, they were not interested in the feelings of the woman. Their only concern was finding a way to embarrass or demean their foe. Jesus Christ, in his loving way, carefully and skillfully directed the attention of all those present to the true message of the events. Pricking the hardened hearts of the accusers with his questioning, he reminded the woman’s accusers that mercy is the first gift that should be given, not accusation or condemnation.
The other chapters of this engaging book cover similar treasures available to women who are seeking comfort in the teachings of Christ. Accompanied by numerous pictures of the events from various religious artists, each chapter delivers a powerful, yet tender, message of hope, comfort, peace and strength to those who love the Lord.
Moore and Eschler have delivered a wonderful volume that leads the reader on a path to search for these gifts offered by the Savior. Those seeking an appropriate gift for Mother’s Day will find this book to be something unique and uplifting for the women in their lives.
Book review: 'Christ's Gifts to Women' by Heather B. Moore and Angela Eschler
Authors Heather Moore and Angela Eschler talk about their new book titled "Christ's Gifts to Women."
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 24
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 18
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17
- Christian ministers sue city over... 13