Blue roundup: What Jabari Parker is looking for in a basketball program
The nation's top high school basketball player, Jabari Parker, shined in a recent AAU tournament in Minnesota. What is Parker, who is considering BYU, looking for in a college program?
“I’m looking for a program that fits me and I have to get along with the coach,” Parker told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I want a place that’s going to build my character and I want to mature and be exposed to the things that are coming my way in the future.”
College football plans to adopt a four-team playoff starting in 2014. It's not an 8-team or 16-team playoff, but most people see it as a much better alternative to the BCS system. The concept of AQ conferences is dead.
But for the conference commissioners, there is still much to resolve before the new format is implemented.
"They must decide whether the semifinal games will be played on campus, in bowls or at non-bowl neutral sites," writes SI.com's Andy Staples. "They must decide whether to only allow in conference champions. They must decide how the four teams are selected. They must decide how to divide the money."
Check out former BYU star Jimmer Fredette's new signature sneakers by Spalding. They retail for $90.
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 50
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 46
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12