Blue roundup: What Jabari Parker is looking for in a basketball program
The nation's top high school basketball player, Jabari Parker, shined in a recent AAU tournament in Minnesota. What is Parker, who is considering BYU, looking for in a college program?
“I’m looking for a program that fits me and I have to get along with the coach,” Parker told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I want a place that’s going to build my character and I want to mature and be exposed to the things that are coming my way in the future.”
College football plans to adopt a four-team playoff starting in 2014. It's not an 8-team or 16-team playoff, but most people see it as a much better alternative to the BCS system. The concept of AQ conferences is dead.
But for the conference commissioners, there is still much to resolve before the new format is implemented.
"They must decide whether the semifinal games will be played on campus, in bowls or at non-bowl neutral sites," writes SI.com's Andy Staples. "They must decide whether to only allow in conference champions. They must decide how the four teams are selected. They must decide how to divide the money."
Check out former BYU star Jimmer Fredette's new signature sneakers by Spalding. They retail for $90.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24