Click here to listen to this week's interview.
LDS pianist William Joseph is known for being a protegé of super-producer David Foster, and his first two albums have wowed listeners and audiences alike with virtuosic performances. Now his new release, "Be Still," features an entirely different approach.
Filled with thoughtful, liquid-sounding piano and joined at times by cello and violin, "Be Still" is a collection of reverent interpretations of favorite hymns with two original pieces which match the mood of the project. In this audio interview you'll hear samples of the music and William's thoughts on choosing and arranging the pieces.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull, be sure and click here to listen.
Come Thou Fount
Jesus, Once of Humble Birth
Be Still, My Soul
A New Day
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
With Royal Praise
God Be With You / He Is Risen
Nearer, My God, to Thee
How Great Thou Art
I Rest in You
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 50
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46