Click here to listen to this week's interview.
LDS pianist William Joseph is known for being a protegé of super-producer David Foster, and his first two albums have wowed listeners and audiences alike with virtuosic performances. Now his new release, "Be Still," features an entirely different approach.
Filled with thoughtful, liquid-sounding piano and joined at times by cello and violin, "Be Still" is a collection of reverent interpretations of favorite hymns with two original pieces which match the mood of the project. In this audio interview you'll hear samples of the music and William's thoughts on choosing and arranging the pieces.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull, be sure and click here to listen.
Come Thou Fount
Jesus, Once of Humble Birth
Be Still, My Soul
A New Day
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
With Royal Praise
God Be With You / He Is Risen
Nearer, My God, to Thee
How Great Thou Art
I Rest in You
- Funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Hundreds of teens in Southern California go...
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing challenges...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 68
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Community of Christ recommends... 23
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 22
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 17
- LDS Church is smart to reach out to... 14
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 12
- Defending the Faith: The first missions... 12