Click here to listen to this week's interview.
LDS pianist William Joseph is known for being a protegé of super-producer David Foster, and his first two albums have wowed listeners and audiences alike with virtuosic performances. Now his new release, "Be Still," features an entirely different approach.
Filled with thoughtful, liquid-sounding piano and joined at times by cello and violin, "Be Still" is a collection of reverent interpretations of favorite hymns with two original pieces which match the mood of the project. In this audio interview you'll hear samples of the music and William's thoughts on choosing and arranging the pieces.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull, be sure and click here to listen.
Come Thou Fount
Jesus, Once of Humble Birth
Be Still, My Soul
A New Day
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
With Royal Praise
God Be With You / He Is Risen
Nearer, My God, to Thee
How Great Thou Art
I Rest in You
- El Paso evangelist sets up drive-thru prayer...
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- How Kickstarter gave Utah kindergarten...
- Former NFL star Tim Tebow issues a challenge...
- The Clean Cut: Olympian Shawn Johnson...
- Actress and producer behind 'Ben-Hur' has a...
- Ogden Days Devotional: 'We honor our pioneer...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 45
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 21
- LDS Church missionaries in Russia now... 19
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 19
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 18
- Franklin Graham reacts to 'God's Not... 14
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13