Click here to listen to this week's interview.
LDS pianist William Joseph is known for being a protegé of super-producer David Foster, and his first two albums have wowed listeners and audiences alike with virtuosic performances. Now his new release, "Be Still," features an entirely different approach.
Filled with thoughtful, liquid-sounding piano and joined at times by cello and violin, "Be Still" is a collection of reverent interpretations of favorite hymns with two original pieces which match the mood of the project. In this audio interview you'll hear samples of the music and William's thoughts on choosing and arranging the pieces.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull, be sure and click here to listen.
Come Thou Fount
Jesus, Once of Humble Birth
Be Still, My Soul
A New Day
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
With Royal Praise
God Be With You / He Is Risen
Nearer, My God, to Thee
How Great Thou Art
I Rest in You
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine during...
- Watch: LDS musician Lindsey Stirling speaks...
- LDS Church releases 'He Is The Gift'...
- LDS Church to send email newsletters to...
- Richard Paul Evans: 8-year-old boy with bone...
- New friends plan to work together to... 60
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- John Jones died in a cave, but his... 14
- Ask Angela: Should I end this... 10
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon 8
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an... 7
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle... 6