Click here to listen to this week's interview.
LDS pianist William Joseph is known for being a protegé of super-producer David Foster, and his first two albums have wowed listeners and audiences alike with virtuosic performances. Now his new release, "Be Still," features an entirely different approach.
Filled with thoughtful, liquid-sounding piano and joined at times by cello and violin, "Be Still" is a collection of reverent interpretations of favorite hymns with two original pieces which match the mood of the project. In this audio interview you'll hear samples of the music and William's thoughts on choosing and arranging the pieces.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull, be sure and click here to listen.
Come Thou Fount
Jesus, Once of Humble Birth
Be Still, My Soul
A New Day
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
With Royal Praise
God Be With You / He Is Risen
Nearer, My God, to Thee
How Great Thou Art
I Rest in You
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Pianist Paul Cardall visits LDS Adriatic...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- RootsTech presenter shares tips for using...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 53
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 18
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- ... 4