Click here to listen to this week's interview.
LDS pianist William Joseph is known for being a protegé of super-producer David Foster, and his first two albums have wowed listeners and audiences alike with virtuosic performances. Now his new release, "Be Still," features an entirely different approach.
Filled with thoughtful, liquid-sounding piano and joined at times by cello and violin, "Be Still" is a collection of reverent interpretations of favorite hymns with two original pieces which match the mood of the project. In this audio interview you'll hear samples of the music and William's thoughts on choosing and arranging the pieces.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull, be sure and click here to listen.
Come Thou Fount
Jesus, Once of Humble Birth
Be Still, My Soul
A New Day
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
With Royal Praise
God Be With You / He Is Risen
Nearer, My God, to Thee
How Great Thou Art
I Rest in You
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Defending the Faith: Some things are more...
- Anything for Auni: A community rallies to...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 125
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 56
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 38
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 25
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- LDS Church releases video about suicide... 11
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 11