Secondly, I recommend when a company culture has been firmly established, it should be non-negotiable. Once it is has been declared, there is no room to alter or dramatically change a great cultural model. In fact, if an employee chooses not to follow it, I would invite them to find new employment.
Lastly, if your organization has not established a cultural mandate on how employees behave, I would suggest it be done immediately. Upon completion, it should be communicated regularly and observed closely by every worker.
In conclusion, consider the economic value derived from a particular philosophy. Apple, for example, has a winning culture which attracts the brightest employees and a loyal following of millions of customers. Due to its core mandates of innovation and creativity, it has parlayed its traditions into a company with an enterprise value that is greater than most nations.
How would you define the culture of your business? What are its key attributes? I look forward to hearing from you. If you have a cultural story to tell, reach out to me at www.AlanEHall.com or @AskAlanEHall.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is the Chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- 5 trends beneath the surface of Nov. jobs report
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Cedar Hills to require business... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3