PALO ALTO, Calif. — Sophomore Adam Miller (1-2, 4.76) has been named as BYU's starting pitcher for Tuesday evening's baseball game at No. 8 Stanford.
BYU (17-14 overall and 6-3 in the West Coast Conference) plays Stanford (25-10, 8-7 Pac -12) in a non-conference tune-up before returning to league action.
The Cougars begin a three-game series Thursday at the University of San Francisco.
For the USF series, the Cougars retain their most recent pitching rotation with Chris Capper (3-5, 3.26), Marc Oslund (3-0, 3.13)and Desmond Poulson (1-2, 4.15) starting Thursday, Friday and Saturday, respectively.
“Our team is ready to play,” BYU coach Vance Law said. “Unfortunately, we did not have games with the recent good weather when we would have had good crowds.
“Facing Stanford is always a challenge because they are a program with a lot of history, but this gives us an opportunity that would help, if we could come out with a victory.”
Stanford leads the series 6-2 over BYU, while USF leads the series with the Cougars, 6-3.
“Every weekend is big for us to accomplish goals we have set, so this week is no different in its challenge," Law said.
All four of this week’s games will be broadcast live locally over 960 AM and on the Internet through BYU Radio and Sirius XM 143.
After its fourth California trip of the season, BYU returns home to host league-leading San Diego the first weekend in May.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34