Despite not having Howard, the Magic had plenty of offensive firepower. Nelson led three Orlando players with 20-plus points with 23 and 11 assists. He went 3-for-8 from the 3-point line.
Jason Richardson and Ryan Anderson each had 21 points with five treys apiece.
But Utah's 53.4 percent shooting and comeback victory left Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy — whom Howard reportedly wants to get fired — feeling more than discouraged.
"We just cannot guard. We cannot," Van Gundy said. "I don't think it is that our guys are not trying, I don't know what it is, but we cannot guard anyone."
The Jazz definitely deserve some of the credit on this night.
"They really gutted it out again tonight. They laid everything they had on the line," Corbin said. "Even when we got down, nobody was discouraged. They continued to encourage each other and just pushed their way through it."
GAME NOTES: Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan attended Saturday's game — the first time he's watched a Jazz game in person since resigning 14 months ago. ... Josh Howard and Raja Bell haven't gone through contact drills or play yet, but they both continue to work their ways back from their knee issues. Howard has targeted Tuesday's game against Phoenix as a return, and Corbin said the medical staff will evaluate him soon to see if that is possible.. ... Corbin was asked during a pregame interview if he could imagine hitting 112 free throws in a row like Blake Ahearn did to set a D-League record this season. The former 16-year-player's response: "I imagine it. I just couldn't do it."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 102
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 69
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 55
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34