Jazz outlast Orlando in OT to set up play-in game vs. Phoenix
Despite not having Howard, the Magic had plenty of offensive firepower. Nelson led three Orlando players with 20-plus points with 23 and 11 assists. He went 3-for-8 from the 3-point line.
Jason Richardson and Ryan Anderson each had 21 points with five treys apiece.
But Utah's 53.4 percent shooting and comeback victory left Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy — whom Howard reportedly wants to get fired — feeling more than discouraged.
"We just cannot guard. We cannot," Van Gundy said. "I don't think it is that our guys are not trying, I don't know what it is, but we cannot guard anyone."
The Jazz definitely deserve some of the credit on this night.
"They really gutted it out again tonight. They laid everything they had on the line," Corbin said. "Even when we got down, nobody was discouraged. They continued to encourage each other and just pushed their way through it."
GAME NOTES: Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan attended Saturday's game — the first time he's watched a Jazz game in person since resigning 14 months ago. ... Josh Howard and Raja Bell haven't gone through contact drills or play yet, but they both continue to work their ways back from their knee issues. Howard has targeted Tuesday's game against Phoenix as a return, and Corbin said the medical staff will evaluate him soon to see if that is possible.. ... Corbin was asked during a pregame interview if he could imagine hitting 112 free throws in a row like Blake Ahearn did to set a D-League record this season. The former 16-year-player's response: "I imagine it. I just couldn't do it."
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7