Utah GOP, Democratic state conventions expected to be more representative of voters
Former Utah House speaker Dave Clark and author Chris Stewart may be the two of 11 GOP candidates headed to a primary, according to the survey, while former state lawmaker Jay Seegmiller leads among the Democrats in the race.
The attorney general's race on the Republican side also could end in a primary. Assistant attorney general John Swallow and corporate lawyer Sean Reyes are vying to replace Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, who is not seeking re-election after three terms. Weber County Attorney Dee Smith is the lone Democrat seeking the job.
Kroes said there's always room for surprises at a party convention.
"You never know what can happen," he said. "Now we'll watch and we'll see if the proof is in the pudding."
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14