DRAPER — An adult male was struck and killed while performing maintenance work at the Draper Spectrum shopping center Wednesday.
Draper police responded to a call after 5 p.m. and found the maintenance worker in a storm drain who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle, Sgt. Pat Evans said.
The driver of the vehicle had entered the parking lot in an area that's not intended for vehicles to enter, but is often used by vehicles anyways, Evans said. The vehicle drove over the storm drain, and the driver did not see the maintenance worker, he said.
The man was transported in serious condition to IMC where he died as a result of his injuries. The man's identity has not been released at this time.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13