DRAPER — An adult male was struck and killed while performing maintenance work at the Draper Spectrum shopping center Wednesday.
Draper police responded to a call after 5 p.m. and found the maintenance worker in a storm drain who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle, Sgt. Pat Evans said.
The driver of the vehicle had entered the parking lot in an area that's not intended for vehicles to enter, but is often used by vehicles anyways, Evans said. The vehicle drove over the storm drain, and the driver did not see the maintenance worker, he said.
The man was transported in serious condition to IMC where he died as a result of his injuries. The man's identity has not been released at this time.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15