DRAPER — An adult male was struck and killed while performing maintenance work at the Draper Spectrum shopping center Wednesday.
Draper police responded to a call after 5 p.m. and found the maintenance worker in a storm drain who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle, Sgt. Pat Evans said.
The driver of the vehicle had entered the parking lot in an area that's not intended for vehicles to enter, but is often used by vehicles anyways, Evans said. The vehicle drove over the storm drain, and the driver did not see the maintenance worker, he said.
The man was transported in serious condition to IMC where he died as a result of his injuries. The man's identity has not been released at this time.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 132
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 74
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35