DRAPER — An adult male was struck and killed while performing maintenance work at the Draper Spectrum shopping center Wednesday.
Draper police responded to a call after 5 p.m. and found the maintenance worker in a storm drain who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle, Sgt. Pat Evans said.
The driver of the vehicle had entered the parking lot in an area that's not intended for vehicles to enter, but is often used by vehicles anyways, Evans said. The vehicle drove over the storm drain, and the driver did not see the maintenance worker, he said.
The man was transported in serious condition to IMC where he died as a result of his injuries. The man's identity has not been released at this time.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8