DRAPER — An adult male was struck and killed while performing maintenance work at the Draper Spectrum shopping center Wednesday.
Draper police responded to a call after 5 p.m. and found the maintenance worker in a storm drain who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle, Sgt. Pat Evans said.
The driver of the vehicle had entered the parking lot in an area that's not intended for vehicles to enter, but is often used by vehicles anyways, Evans said. The vehicle drove over the storm drain, and the driver did not see the maintenance worker, he said.
The man was transported in serious condition to IMC where he died as a result of his injuries. The man's identity has not been released at this time.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12