Red-hot Devin Harris leads Utah Jazz to big halftime lead in Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. — After today's shootaround, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin admitted that 3-pointers can be a dangerous weapon.
"As long as you're making them," he said.
Devin Harris has done a whole lot of that in the first half tonight, hitting six of nine 3-pointers and scoring 25 points. The Jazz now lead the Trail Blazers, 57-39, at the Rose Garden.
A win could put the Jazz in a playoff position tonight if the Suns also lose to the Thunder. Houston fell to Denver, temporarily tying the Rockets with Utah at 32-30.
Gordon Hayward has added 13 points and Alec Burks chipped in eight off the bench.
Ex-Jazzman Wesley Matthews leads Portland with 11 points. The Blazers, however, are playing without LaMarcus Aldridge, Raymond Felton, Jamaal Crawford and Joel Przybilla.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 35
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34