Red-hot Devin Harris leads Utah Jazz to big halftime lead in Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. — After today's shootaround, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin admitted that 3-pointers can be a dangerous weapon.
"As long as you're making them," he said.
Devin Harris has done a whole lot of that in the first half tonight, hitting six of nine 3-pointers and scoring 25 points. The Jazz now lead the Trail Blazers, 57-39, at the Rose Garden.
A win could put the Jazz in a playoff position tonight if the Suns also lose to the Thunder. Houston fell to Denver, temporarily tying the Rockets with Utah at 32-30.
Gordon Hayward has added 13 points and Alec Burks chipped in eight off the bench.
Ex-Jazzman Wesley Matthews leads Portland with 11 points. The Blazers, however, are playing without LaMarcus Aldridge, Raymond Felton, Jamaal Crawford and Joel Przybilla.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 73
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35