Red-hot Devin Harris leads Utah Jazz to big halftime lead in Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. — After today's shootaround, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin admitted that 3-pointers can be a dangerous weapon.
"As long as you're making them," he said.
Devin Harris has done a whole lot of that in the first half tonight, hitting six of nine 3-pointers and scoring 25 points. The Jazz now lead the Trail Blazers, 57-39, at the Rose Garden.
A win could put the Jazz in a playoff position tonight if the Suns also lose to the Thunder. Houston fell to Denver, temporarily tying the Rockets with Utah at 32-30.
Gordon Hayward has added 13 points and Alec Burks chipped in eight off the bench.
Ex-Jazzman Wesley Matthews leads Portland with 11 points. The Blazers, however, are playing without LaMarcus Aldridge, Raymond Felton, Jamaal Crawford and Joel Przybilla.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 106
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14