Red-hot Devin Harris leads Utah Jazz to big halftime lead in Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. — After today's shootaround, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin admitted that 3-pointers can be a dangerous weapon.
"As long as you're making them," he said.
Devin Harris has done a whole lot of that in the first half tonight, hitting six of nine 3-pointers and scoring 25 points. The Jazz now lead the Trail Blazers, 57-39, at the Rose Garden.
A win could put the Jazz in a playoff position tonight if the Suns also lose to the Thunder. Houston fell to Denver, temporarily tying the Rockets with Utah at 32-30.
Gordon Hayward has added 13 points and Alec Burks chipped in eight off the bench.
Ex-Jazzman Wesley Matthews leads Portland with 11 points. The Blazers, however, are playing without LaMarcus Aldridge, Raymond Felton, Jamaal Crawford and Joel Przybilla.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 33