Blue roundup: Could BYU factor into an expanded Big 12?
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
In a recent interview with ESPN.com, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck said the Big 12 should look to expand.
"My recommendation would be to look long and hard at moving up, whether it’s to 11 or 12, particularly when you look at how big the SEC is, how big the ACC is going to be, the number that the Big Ten and the Pac-12 are at," Luck said. "I think it would be wise to take a long hard look at that because there is some strength in numbers."
Of course, BYU is considered a prime candidate to join the Big 12 should it decide to add more members. Luck's comments spawned hundreds of comments from readers, including their thoughts on the Cougars possibly joining the league.
Fans can vote on whether or not the Big 12 should expand in this ESPN.com poll.
Watch a trailer for BYU spring football, with inspirational words from former Cougar star Steve Young.
And, finally, watch a KSL-TV interview with BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman, looking back at last season and looking ahead to next fall.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25