Blue roundup: Could BYU factor into an expanded Big 12?
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
In a recent interview with ESPN.com, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck said the Big 12 should look to expand.
"My recommendation would be to look long and hard at moving up, whether it’s to 11 or 12, particularly when you look at how big the SEC is, how big the ACC is going to be, the number that the Big Ten and the Pac-12 are at," Luck said. "I think it would be wise to take a long hard look at that because there is some strength in numbers."
Of course, BYU is considered a prime candidate to join the Big 12 should it decide to add more members. Luck's comments spawned hundreds of comments from readers, including their thoughts on the Cougars possibly joining the league.
Fans can vote on whether or not the Big 12 should expand in this ESPN.com poll.
Watch a trailer for BYU spring football, with inspirational words from former Cougar star Steve Young.
And, finally, watch a KSL-TV interview with BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman, looking back at last season and looking ahead to next fall.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 24
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21