Blue roundup: Could BYU factor into an expanded Big 12?
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
In a recent interview with ESPN.com, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck said the Big 12 should look to expand.
"My recommendation would be to look long and hard at moving up, whether it’s to 11 or 12, particularly when you look at how big the SEC is, how big the ACC is going to be, the number that the Big Ten and the Pac-12 are at," Luck said. "I think it would be wise to take a long hard look at that because there is some strength in numbers."
Of course, BYU is considered a prime candidate to join the Big 12 should it decide to add more members. Luck's comments spawned hundreds of comments from readers, including their thoughts on the Cougars possibly joining the league.
Fans can vote on whether or not the Big 12 should expand in this ESPN.com poll.
Watch a trailer for BYU spring football, with inspirational words from former Cougar star Steve Young.
And, finally, watch a KSL-TV interview with BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman, looking back at last season and looking ahead to next fall.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20