Blue roundup: Could BYU factor into an expanded Big 12?
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
In a recent interview with ESPN.com, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck said the Big 12 should look to expand.
"My recommendation would be to look long and hard at moving up, whether it’s to 11 or 12, particularly when you look at how big the SEC is, how big the ACC is going to be, the number that the Big Ten and the Pac-12 are at," Luck said. "I think it would be wise to take a long hard look at that because there is some strength in numbers."
Of course, BYU is considered a prime candidate to join the Big 12 should it decide to add more members. Luck's comments spawned hundreds of comments from readers, including their thoughts on the Cougars possibly joining the league.
Fans can vote on whether or not the Big 12 should expand in this ESPN.com poll.
Watch a trailer for BYU spring football, with inspirational words from former Cougar star Steve Young.
And, finally, watch a KSL-TV interview with BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman, looking back at last season and looking ahead to next fall.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 111
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21