Blue roundup: Could BYU factor into an expanded Big 12?
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
In a recent interview with ESPN.com, West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck said the Big 12 should look to expand.
"My recommendation would be to look long and hard at moving up, whether it’s to 11 or 12, particularly when you look at how big the SEC is, how big the ACC is going to be, the number that the Big Ten and the Pac-12 are at," Luck said. "I think it would be wise to take a long hard look at that because there is some strength in numbers."
Of course, BYU is considered a prime candidate to join the Big 12 should it decide to add more members. Luck's comments spawned hundreds of comments from readers, including their thoughts on the Cougars possibly joining the league.
Fans can vote on whether or not the Big 12 should expand in this ESPN.com poll.
Watch a trailer for BYU spring football, with inspirational words from former Cougar star Steve Young.
And, finally, watch a KSL-TV interview with BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman, looking back at last season and looking ahead to next fall.
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Morning links: Hayward becomes 'gaming...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 71
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 60
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39