SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake has named its Celebration of Service award winners for 2012.
Tom Love, president of Love Communications, was named Compassionate Leader of the Year. He has been a member of United Way of Salt Lake’s Board of Directors for 10 years and served as chairman of the board for three years. As chairman, he guided United Way of Salt Lake through a major organizational transformation. He also lends his expertise and engages his team at Love Communications to guide United Way of Salt Lake’s strategic marketing and advertising efforts.
Paula Green Johnson was named Outstanding Volunteer of the Year. She has spent countless hours working on behalf of underserved populations in our community. She was a founding member of United Way of Salt Lake’s Women’s Philanthropic Network and served as its chairwoman for more than two years. Through her work with the WPN, she helped develop welcome centers that serve immigrant and refugee populations.
Comcast was named Outstanding Corporate Partner of the year. Since 2003, Comcast employees and the Comcast Foundation have contributed more than $35 million to United Way nationwide and more than 417,000 volunteer hours. Locally, Comcast has increased employee contributions by 70 percent and nearly tripled its corporate contribution.
J.P. Morgan Chase received the President’s Award for Excellence. This year, the bank provided critical seed money that has established the growth of United Way Salt Lake’s work in neighborhoods and neighborhood centers.
The awards, recognizing people and organizations that have an unwavering commitment to the community, will be given during the Celebration of Service 2012 luncheon on May 30.
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Index indicates Utah economy thriving
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 3
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in... 2