Ephraim, Utah — Hay, metal, and turkeys seem an unlikely mix—unless you’re considering the impact they could make on a city. These industries are providing economic vitality in central Utah’s Sanpete Valley. In fact, the largest exporter in the state, by volume, is doing big business in Ephraim, Utah.
Bailey Farms buys hay from around the region, then processes it into small cubes and sells it to countries around the world. The business exports from 150,000 to 200,000 pounds of hay each year. And when you consider the volume of the product, it earns a top spot in Utah’s top ranking exports.
Another business that is keeping the area’s economy vibrant is CO Building Systems.
It began with six acres of Ephraim land and a few fancy machines that cut, stamp and shape metal. Now the business operates in a 130,000-square-foot building creating metal components like those used to build its headquarters.
Certainly Ephraim has felt the impact of the economic downturn, but a strong economic core is keeping the city vibrant today.
Central Utah city is center for big business
ULCT is a non partisan, inter-local, government cooperative, working to strengthen the quality of municipal government and administration. The League serves as a voice for Utah's 245 cities and towns at the county, state and federal level.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Gift Guide: Do homework when buying a tablet...
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Are Americans investing or speculating on a...
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- Young adults are faced with risky... 13
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 4
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation 4
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3